Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
SteelHouse technology pushes the limits of application development taking advantage of the latest open source software with a strong emphasis on building flexible technology to put the control in our users' hands.
Our microservices handle over hundreds of millions of requests per day, upon which a platform for real time behavioral marketing is built to drive performance in cross-device advertising. We heavily utilize open source technology and in-house solutions to meet the low latency demands of rapid response advertising.
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for the billions of data points received to drive the metrics and analysis of performance across a vast platform of products offered by Steel House.
- Creating and maintaining company’s database infrastructure
- Performing monitoring and tuning of databases
- Designing, constructing, testing and managing the performance and scalability of database data, schemas and data warehouse
- Analyzing and designing systems to ingest 1st and 3rd party data into the company’s proprietary reporting platform
- Developing and expanding upon the quantity, quality and performance of data in customized-reporting applications
- Integrating new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Employing a variety of languages and tools to marry and integrate systems
- Collaborating with and explaining complex technical issues to Product and Project Managers
- Overseeing and coordinating disaster recovery procedures and recommending ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- 5+ years of Database experience
- 2-5+ years of Database architecture experience
- Knowledge of design patterns and multiple langauges
- Experience using GIT
- Knowledge of HTTP lifecycle
- Knowledge of Junit, BDD and how to write effective unit & functional test cases
- Comfortable in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Bachelor's Degree
The Gig Comes with a Few Perks
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Beautiful office with an open floor plan and huge windows
- Transparency-we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Investment portfolio- Acorns contribution from SteelHouse
- Competitive compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend!
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical and dental care
- Weekly food deliveries, food trucks and outdoor BBQ
- Gated dog run located outside - in our LA location
SteelHouse (www.SteelHouse.com) is a leading ad technology platform. Our end-to-end solution gives advertisers control over audience, creative, and channel enabling them to get the most of their performance campaigns. SteelHouse reaches hundreds of millions of consumers a month, across hundreds of the world’s largest publishers and delivers award-winning retargeting, retention, acquisition and creative technologies. The SteelHouse team is comprised of veteran marketers and engineers from eHarmony, E*TRADE, Oracle, Yahoo!, and the Rubicon Project.