Senior Data Engineer
Weedmaps is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help architect, build, scale, and maintain a world-class data platform. We are seeking a qualified individual who is eager to ensure that our ability to store, process, and analyze data keeps up with our business growth and our ambitions. You would be an early hire in a fast growing startup and will have a significant impact on the design and implementation of the engineering vision as our company and team grows.
- Architect, build and launch new data pipelines that provide intuitive analytics to our data
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in data infrastructure and engineering
- Build tooling in support of a data dictionary
- Build tooling around checks and controls to ensure data consistency and accuracy
- Experience working with data at scale, specifically with distributed systems
- Expert knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL) in Postgres / Redshift / Dynamo or other distributed Databases
- Love to use and develop open source technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Kafka / Kinesis, Airflow etc.
- Experience with Clickstream Data; knowledge of how and why it is collected
- Good familiarity with in Linux/Unix, scripting and administration; strong experience using TDD in a production environment
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Read Full Job Description