At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
As Senior Data Analyst, your innate curiosity and passion for seeking answers to complex problems will drive customer growth at Aspiration. You will help revolutionize the personal banking experience. And change the world. You are a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and ability to translate findings into actionable recommendations. You will ensure site experiences are continually optimized to drive customer growth while identifying and prioritizing optimization and A/B testing opportunities. This position requires extensive experience with online, consumer-facing properties and a deep understanding of analytics, good user experiences, and what drives conversion and retention.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Aggregate and analyze data to present research findings and recommendations to cross-functional teams including Product Management, Marketing, UX, Finance, Technology, Banking Operations, and Executive Leadership
- Use analytics to inform projects and drive product decisions pre- and post-launch, coupled with a good understanding of best practices, good UX, and what works well
- Analyze marketing channels to drive ROI and help define channel attribution models
- Data exploration, visualization, and dashboard creation. Identify trends and drivers, perform exploratory data analysis, and present views that will provide visibility into our business performance
- Generate ad hoc and scheduled reports with KPIs and other pertinent metrics; develop analytics dashboards and automated reports
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure data accuracy and consistency and provide actionable insights
- Segment traffic to understand and optimize user experience and conversion based on source, channel, visitor frequency, tenure, demographics, etc
- Design and execute A/B and multivariate tests to improve the customer experience and drive customer growth. Prioritize optimization test slate for high impact
- Manage tagging including overall strategy, implementation, and best practices
What You'll Bring
- 3-5 years of industry experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or a related discipline. Master’s degree is a plus
- You're passionate about data. You are comfortable with exploratory analysis and statistical techniques and are driven to find meaningful patterns and trends in the data
- Experienced in analytics tools
- Experience with data BI tools, preferably Looker
- Must be proficient in SQL. Other programmable languages such as R and/or Python are a plus
- Technical, analytical work experience in web analytics data and tools such as Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics is a plus
- Experience with Amplitude is a plus
- Resourceful and motivated problem solver. You enjoy and have the ability to tackle complex problems, draw inferences from data, and use your analysis skills and business acumen to identify solutions
- You have excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage projects supporting multiple business partners
- Collaborative and open minded. You have experience and an interest in partnering with diverse team members, who are coming to the table with different perspectives and ideas. You are open to creative approaches to solving problems
- Experienced with an inclination towards technical solutions
What You'll Get
- Making an impact for a company with a mission of transforming the financial industry and the lives of millions.
- Competitive salary and equity incentives.
- Robust healthcare plans, 401K and unlimited vacation time.
- Dog-friendly office in beautiful Marina del Rey with an in-office gym.
- Diverse & inclusive culture.
Read Full Job Description