Senior Data Analyst at Altruist
Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better for everyone. We’re looking to hire an entrepreneurial Data Analyst. If you're passionate about building meaningful products that people love to use, then you’ll love what we’re up to.
Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, and Financial Operations team to understand the data
- Participate in regular product development process to understand upcoming data changes and come up with ad-hoc/automated reporting
- Work with data engineering and software engineering team(s) to build out data pipeline
- Work on ad-hoc data analytics requirements, but also operationalize those analyses into reports
- Create impactful quantitative reporting, dashboard, and insights to the business to improve business outcomes
- Participate in design, implementation, and analysis of AB test results to drive continuous improvement
What you’ll need:
- Passionate about data quality and accuracy
- Be a self starter and problem solver
- Be able to juggle multiple priorities and deliver results
- Bring insight into the business and are always looking at opportunities to improve the outcomes
- Masters in Computer Science with 4 years of experience or 10+ years of experience as a Business Analyst in Fintech firm
- Extensive data modeling experience
- Comfortable running complex SQL queries
- Experience in Python or R is desired
- Have worked on processing and analyzing large dataset
- Experience working on reporting tools like Tableau/Looker
- Built out orchestration jobs using Airflow (or comparable tool)
What you’ll get:
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll have the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their craft.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
You’ll join a proven founding team with a significant venture. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).