Senior Data Analyst at Mothership
| Culver City
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:35 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, March 12, 2020
We are building the future of freight
At Mothership, we believe in unlocking the world's potential through speeding up the delivery of everything people need. Started in 2017, we’re backed by some of venture capital’s best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today’s most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you'll get to work cross-functionally with multiple teams across the business to help make data-driven decisions and communicate with various stakeholders.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who relishes the opportunity to push product from the ground up and is looking for ownership to spread their wings and test the limits. You’re focused on action and lead by example in a hands on and collaborative way.
What you'll get to do
- Work with senior management to help make key decisions on important projects involving sales and operations
- Leverage data to develop analytic insight and present these findings through reports, presentations, and BI platforms
- Work on defining and measuring operation KPIs to assess the health of our marketplace
- Explore customer data to find revenue opportunities
- Study our operations team to identify and reduce inefficiencies
What success looks like in this role
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with analytical tools like SQL or python at either a well-established organization or at a high-growth company
- Significant experience working with BI tools like Periscope or Looker
- Experience working with data warehouses like Redshift
- Ability to self manage and work under ambiguity in a fast paced environment
- Expert level at Excel
- Possess a creative and analytical mindset to bring a fresh perspective to an old industry
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience in logistics is a plus
- BS/MS or experience in a quantitative field
Perks and Benefits
Highly competitive salary and employee stock options
Full health, dental and vision (PPO)
Unlimited paid time off
Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in West Los Angeles
Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to? Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description