Senior Data Analyst - Finance and Operations
As a member of the Finance team at Weedmaps, you will help power its analytical responsibilities through data. The Finance & Operations (FinOps) Data Analyst will help set the financial direction for Weedmaps in the forms of data acquisition, data manipulation, reporting, analysis, and various ad hoc initiatives to accelerate growth and expansion for the company. You’ll be heavily relied upon as a cornerstone of the growing Finance team that aims to bring financial discipline, analytics, and intelligence to Weedmaps.
While this position reports into Finance, this role is unique in that it will also closely partner with the Strategy & Operations (Analytics) / Analytics team at Weedmaps. There you’ll have a dotted line into the Senior Director of Analytics, keeping up to date on all things data with him and his team. This will be your second home.
You are a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, and capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You have a tendency to roll up your sleeves, slice and dice massive sets of information, and build solutions that consider the future.
The impact you'll make:
- Act as the subject matter expert on all things data. Understand Weedmaps data flows, table hierarchies, and optimal data extraction approaches in a continually evolving business.
- Efficiently acquire, transform, and supply raw data for various Financial and Operational model needs or ad hoc initiatives.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, coupled with qualitative insights, and articulate your findings to individuals of varying professional backgrounds.
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our key financial and operational metrics.
- Create presentation ready data visualizations that are information rich but easy to follow.
- Potentially help create a self-serve solution that enables non-SQL savvy Weedmapers to extract data on their own. Own and maintain that solution on a go forward basis, overseeing data validity within that system, addressing issues, tailored data requests, and visualization assistance.
What you've accomplished:
- Minimum 2 years experience analyzing data and driving actionable results
- Fluent in SQL or any other database querying language
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver
- Strong background acquiring, researching, and manipulating complex and large data sets
- Experience with data visualization tools (Chartio, Tableau, Microstrategy, etc)
- Prior startup or tech experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, business, MIS, or related field of study
- Finance knowledge (general P&L understanding, other financial statement knowledge is a plus)
- Experience creating decks with presentation calibur visuals
- Knowledge of analytical packages such as Python (numpy, Pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, scikit-learn, etc. ). R is also beneficial as a substitute.
- Statistical knowledge and experience analyzing large data sets through that statistical lens (histograms, box and whisker plots, cumulative distribution functions, correlation analysis, cross correlation, linear regression, logistic regression, time series analysis, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, or other like product analytic platforms
- Experience with product analytics and event tracking implementation
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Monthly snack boxes sent straight to your doorstep as we work remotely
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!