Senior Data Analyst, Business Science
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Business Science, which encompasses Digital Analytics, is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on three areas: (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. This team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science is staffed with a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decision making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Sr. Data Analyst acts as the primary day-to-day contact on project management and execution for client accounts and deliverables, including but not limited to measurement planning, weekly reporting, media and creative tests, media and creative analysis, competitive analysis, and industry research.
You will use our proprietary measurement solutions that enable us to engage with data and answer our clients' toughest business questions, uncover trends and pursue breakthrough marketing ideas. We look for intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and creative problem-solving ability and a passion for data.
- Research industry trends and facts
- Develop creative and media strategies in collaboration with other departments
- Develop measurement plans and reports that are relevant to the client's business and creative/media testing
- Understand budget allocation process for media and fees across media platforms
- Develop directional insights
- Perform data aggregation and ensure data QA
- Ensure all client materials meet or exceed expectations (from content to quality) and are delivered on time
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work successfully within a team as well as independently
- Establish and maintain effective relationships inter-departmentally as well as with those outside the team
YOUR SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of digital campaign management and site analytics
- Knowledge of AB testing, trend analysis and basic statistical methods (correlations, regression analysis)
- Skillful in data processing and alignment, data QA, populating dashboards as well as basic chart and deck production
- Proficient in Search tools (Kenshoo/Marin/AdWords), Ad servers, data management systems and advanced Excel functionality
- Ability to convert observations into insights and produce business writing with little editing from supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2-3 years relevant work experience; digital media experience desired
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world's leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that's the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We're part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It's our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we'll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That's why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.