Senior Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Analyst
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
Pluto TV is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst, who will supported business stakeholders with advanced data reporting insights.
The Senior Business Analyst will provide strategic business analysis services to various business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of the customer, content, product and guide business strategy, processes, services in the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding the documenting capabilities needed to address business challenges.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
- Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills
- Strong statistics background and model development experience
- Experience in digital advertising and/or streaming video is highly preferred
- Providing data analysis and recommendations to various business groups so that the business group is empowered to make significant data-driven decisions
- Servicing multiple ad hoc requests in a timely manner
- Supporting various business groups with reports, dashboards and executive presentations that drive various business Key Performance Indicators
- Ensuring consistency/standardization in data, metrics, and analysis
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in the role:
- Mastery in SQL (ANSI, RedShift, PostreSQL, etc.)
- Experience as an analyst in one or more of the following domains strongly preferred: Marketing, Distribution, Revenue, Customer Retention, Engineering, and/or Entertainment
- Mastery in Tableau is strongly preferred
- Strong programming/scripting skills in Python, R
- Experience with SaaS Big Data Platforms (AWS or Google Cloud) preferred
- Experience and comfort working with unstructured/non-standardized data
- At least 3 years of commercial work experience as a BI/Data Analyst, 5+ years is preferred
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Computer Science or equivalent or Bachelors Degree with at least 5 years of commercial work experience at a BI/Data Analyst
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.