Senior BI Engineer at FabFitFun, Inc.
FabFitFun is dominating the women's lifestyle marketplace through our curated subscription boxes, FFF branded products including makeup and accessories, as well as a video streaming platform featuring live and licensed content. Our 1 Million+ members provide us with a significant amount of valuable data that allows us to anticipate their needs, and curate our products, content and services to create personalized experiences. To keep up with the rapid pace of our business growth, we are scaling our Engineering, Product, Data Science and BI Teams to keep up with this hyper growth. Accordingly, we are seeking a Senior BI Engineer, reporting into our Business Intelligence Architect, to be at the core of our BI team, implement BI frameworks, and analyze the business impact of various initiatives in partnership with Data Engineering, Engineering, DevOps, and Business teams.
What We’re Like:
- A collaborative learning culture: we work as a team to figure out solutions to the technological challenges of the day
- We focus on improving our customer’s experience every day, all the while taking the time necessary to make sure we do things the best we can
- We celebrate innovation and want every member at FFF to have the power to experiment and find novel, effective solutions
What You'll Do:
- Perform requirements gathering and thoroughly analyze the requirements. In-depth dive analysis of business requirements and existing reporting solutions to maintain a reusable and shareable BI platform.
- Develop and maintain various reports, dashboards, and visualizations in Looker and other reporting tools.
- Design and develop practical solutions for complex reporting needs. Apply data modeling techniques and standard practices to implement BI self-service and automated reporting.
- Write, understand and debug complex SQL statements. Understand and analyze data using SQL and identify the data discrepancies and performance bottlenecks.
- Work with various department stakeholders to assist and resolve reporting issues. Apply debugging and problem-solving skills to address the data issues and document the process quickly. Fine tune the reports and dashboards for performance.
- Heavily involved in reporting programming quality and delivery integrity by paying attention to solution planning, follow-ups, thoroughness, and details.
- Develop and maintain advanced analytic models and processes.
- Train internal & business teams on Looker and other reporting tool features. Prepare training materials. Ensure proper data and tool usage among multiple groups.
- Develop a knowledge base by documenting the business processes, requirements, analyses, data workflow, and training materials.
- Proactively build a scalable BI reporting solution that drives data discovery self-service and more profound data insights.
- Build and continue to refine back end schema layer to tie all the data structures from different brands and departments to provide a single view of data.
- Continually participate in improving reporting architecture, data quality, standardization of data management processes and quality of service to the business.
What You'll Bring:
- BS computer science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in developing complex reporting solutions on enterprise BI reporting platforms like MicroStrategy, Looker, Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau, etc.
- 5+ years of proven success in delivering impactful insights & data visualization using Looker or other BI reporting tools including Tableau, Pentaho, or MicroStrategy.
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, etc.), cloud data platform (Redshift) or similar MPP databases like Snowflake, Teradata, etc.
- Expert in understanding and writing SQL queries, and analyzing multiple data sets quickly.
- A self-starter with little guidance on development activities. Able to understand and elaborate the one-liner business requirements and proactively follow-up on requirements.
- Experienced in documenting and articulating the findings, analyses, and processes effectively using different collaboration tools.
- Should be an excellent communicator, and should possess excellent debugging skills and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of e-commerce or subscription business models. Experience in handling financial and marketing reports.
- Experience working with Python, R & similar tools for data mining is a plus!
What You'll Get:
- Daily impact on one of the fastest growing companies in the US that are revolutionizing e-commerce
- Assist in helping FabFitFun achieve personalization through data science and analytics
- Full health-care coverage as well as dental and vision coverage and 401k
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Free FabFitFun subscription and and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store