Senior Behavioral Scientist
At Tala, we are connecting millions of people to the financial services they deserve. The Data Analytics team operates in a nimble working style, flexing between a variety of business questions and data needs at the company. We are asked to investigate and solve big questions other companies have yet to find solutions for such as digital identity management and understanding customers fully based on their mobile data. You will be part of an innovative and fast growing team that pushes to provide access, choice, and control to millions of customers.
As a Senior Behavioral Scientist, you will collaborate and guide product owners on how to perform scalable behavioral experiments. Your role will spur the data organization to leverage behavioral science methods and data to inform decision making globally. You will also design, advocate, and prioritize high-value projects through multiple cross-functional teams focused on our diverse markets. In specific, we are looking for a Behavior Scientist to play an instrumental role in user segmentation and modeling, and analysis of behavioral trends within our products.
This role will be based out of our Santa Monica, CA office.
In this role you will:
- Be a key resource: become an expert on Tala’s data infrastructure, analytics tools, and best practices in data-driven research for the company
- Be curious: investigate new data sets, identify strategic opportunities for improving servicing for our customers, and share your findings with our partner teams
- Be a multiplier: build out new data flows as our product changes, and produce high-value, timely analytics based the unique aspects of each of our markets
- Be technically savvy: build visualizations to illustrate complex on-platform behavioral trends
- Be data driven: leverage Tala’s vast amounts of data to generate business insights that inform strategy with our many cross functional teams
What we’re looking for:
- Masters in a quantitative field with a behavioral focus, prefer Behavioral Economics, Cognitive Science, Applied Psychology, or similar degree
- Experience in at least one analytics language (ex. Python, R)
- Basic proficiency in SQL, GitHub, bash commands
- 5+ years professional experience in an analytics role
- Demonstrable experience applying behavioral sciences to a technical product.
Perfect candidates would have:
- Experience in emerging markets (either personally or in professional scope)
- Advanced modeling and machine learning expertise (school or Kaggle)
- Ability to juggle multiple projects effectively
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.