Senior Analytics Engineer at Crunchyroll (Culver City, CA)
WE HELP EVERYONE BELONG. IT’S OUR PURPOSE.
Founded by fans, Crunchyroll delivers the art and culture of anime to a passionate community. We super-serve over 100 million anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories, and help them connect with the stories and characters they crave. Whether that experience is online or in-person, streaming video, theatrical, games, merchandise, events and more, it’s powered by the anime content we all love.
Join our team, and help us shape the future of anime!
Location: Los AngelesAbout the Team
At Crunchyroll, our motto is simple - we champion the extraordinary by super-serving our super-fans. Say that 5 times fast! What better way to do so than by helping our millions of fans across the globe discover their next favorite show?
We are a team that takes on challenges. From supporting the reporting needs of a few partner teams way back in 2015, to building a widely used data platform that provides custom solutions to multiple downstream consumers today; our journey has been exciting, celebratory, and educational.
With our data platform, we now power reporting, personalization, analytics and other cross-functional integrations.
Our values as a team - we love opensource, encourage collaboration, value opinions and foster continuous learning.
We get excited about candidates, like you, because...
- 5+ years of ETL, building data pipelines schema design, data modeling and database programming
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon or similar cloud services
- 2+ years of experience in any programming language
- Experience with Petabyte Scale and high throughput (100K RPM+) fast streaming data
- Expert level SQL skills
- An analytical mindset and passion for solving business problems using data
- Experience with handling large data sources of varying types - structured/relational and unstructured
- Comfortable with using Linux/Unix systems
- Spark experience
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms like Segment/mParticle
- Experience with data tracking tools like SDK's, Google Tag Manager (GTM)
- 1+ years of Big & Fast Data engineering experience involving SaaS based mobile apps
A day in the life of our Engineer:
We are looking for a cross-functional engineer ready to join our data engineering team. In this role you will be building business-critical, robust and scalable data solutions that power financial reporting, self-serve analytics, user recommendations and marketing integrations. Additionally, working closely with the DevOPS team, you will function as a service owner that owns, manages and helps evolve the data infrastructure.
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
In addition to getting to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Flexible time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Generous medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health Saving Account HSA program
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan, with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- Support program for new parents
- Pet insurance and some of our offices are pet friendly!
The Pay Range for this position is listed. Actual pay will vary based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Crunchyroll’s Total Rewards offerings for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, employer matched retirement savings, time-off programs, and progressive health benefits and perks.
Pay Transparency - Culver City, CA
We want to be everything for someone rather than something for everyone and we do this by living and modeling our values in all that we do. We value
Courage. We believe that when we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
Curiosity. We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
Service. We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
Kaizen. We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Our mission of helping people belong reflects our commitment to diversity & inclusion. It's just the way we do business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan's Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our Hiring FAQs: https://help.crunchyroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040471712-Crunchyroll-Hiring-FAQs
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com email account.