Senior Analyst/Data Scientist
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is seeking a skilled, smart and creative Senior Analyst experienced in wrangling large data sets, working with other teams and building models that produce actionable and business impacting insights.
The individual will play a crucial role in building anomaly detection models that will proactively drill into issues and its contributing factors, as well as alerting business owners of problems as early as possible.
You will also play an active part in researching and implementing innovative products and new areas of the business using the vast amount of data that you will have access to across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, evaluate, refine, and automate analytic models using data to address performance issues, business needs and identify areas of optimization and growth
- Create and produce models, reports and dashboards utilizing our data warehouse and other data source systems and summarize your findings
- Design, conduct and lead complex analyses that mine, extract, track, report and analyze performance metrics Interact with multiple teams and executives to exchange complex information
- Interpret and report on trends and communicate these trends in actionable terms to decision makers Synthesize complex data/analyses into a clear visualization that tells the story in a meaningful way
Edmunds is a fast growing and innovative company. Qualified candidate should possess strong project management skills, an ability to multitask and balance competing priorities.
What You Need:
- Strong analytical and data mining skills
- Efficient programming skills in SQL and R, and/or SAS, and/or Python
- Deep understanding of data platforms in which you’ve previously worked
- Experience building models
- Strong data visualization skills and experience with BI tools such as Tableau
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, ability to confidently present to business users at all levels of management and especially VP and C-level
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field, such as mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, business analytics, etc. with at least three years of related work experience, or a BS in related field with at least five years of relevant work experience
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.