Senior Analyst - League of Legends, Competitive and Social Systems
The Insights discipline empowers Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
Are you looking for a career where your strategic skill and analytical prowess can be used alongside your love of games? As a Senior Analyst at Riot Games, you'll use the data generated across our ecosystem to better understand our audiences and systems. Your technical skill set, audience empathy, and ability to understand complex systems will ensure that we understand the implications of our work on our audiences.
In this role, you will join the Meta Game Systems initiative where you’ll be working on products such as Ranked, Clash, Missions and other social and competitive systems that surround the core game loop of League of Legends. For example, you would help the Ranked team work to minimize match queue times while maintaining competitive integrity in one of the worlds’ largest online games. Other challenge you might take on include helping match players with like-minded teammates for their team in our tournament mode, developing critical metrics for complex products to communicate to senior leaders, and making recommendations about future product strategy for League. A real passion for mixing your craft of extracting insights from data with an understanding of players’ motivations for ranking up in League will go far in crafting League’s competitive and social ecosystem.
- Partner with your product team to generate insights and frameworks that’ll inform how we build our products and experiences.
- Ensure we understand players from all over the world.
- Provide strategic insights to test teams’ assumptions and inform their actions.
- Collect, transform, and analyze complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors.
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations and dashboards.
- Mentor and grow other analysts, helping them learn from your own experiences.
- Minimum of five years professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- Experience using SQL or other relational database approaches
- Knowledgeable in Python or other scripting language a plus
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).