Reporting & Insights Analyst
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Reporting and Insights Analyst to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with the Ad Review and Business Support team, you will identify, analyze, and execute on opportunities for the Customer Operations and User Insights team. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with the Customer Operations and User Insights team to perform impactful data analysis, as well as develop and communicate recommendations that will directly shape the future of customer experience for Snapchatters around the world!
What you'll do:
- Apply your expertise in data modelling, quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to identify and convey key user-related product trends and opportunities
- Identify and develop new data sources and structure data models for operations
- Conduct market research and strategic analysis
- Translate customer feedback and insights into valuable product and business recommendations
- Design, build, and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor operations performance
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Partnerships, Content, Sales, Product, and Engineering teams to identify and implement product optimizations
- Develop and package recommendations for Snapchat’s senior leadership
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in an operations, data-oriented, and/or quantitative role at a technology company
- BA/BS in math, statistics, economics, computer science, or other quantitative field
- Fluency in SQL, data manipulation, and trend analysis using various software (spreadsheets, Tableau, Looker)
- Understanding of statistical analysis, and has some experience with packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Strong written and visual communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- A problem solver who is always asking questions and looks to uncover the underlying drivers behind user behavior
- Experience building new measurement models (data collection, data storage, report design, report production) from the ground up
- Passion for supporting the Snapchat community, and understanding of what makes for a good or bad user experience
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].