Reporting Analyst II at City National Bank (Greater LA Area, CA)
REPORTING ANALYST II
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Provides reporting and analytical support for senior analysts and Reporting manager. Responsibilities include developing and tracking of key statistical information and performance metrics, managing multiple projects end to end, and organizing and presenting data to management.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
What you will do
- Monthly and ad hoc reporting on business metrics and analytics assignments
- System and data-oriented projects
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to multiple departments across the company
- Assist with the review, consolidation and reduction of data discrepancies
- Create and maintain financial models for use by other teams and identify/correct data gaps, inconsistencies, etc.
- Effectively communicate technical issues and their solutions to key stakeholders
- Create and maintain process documentation
- Collaborate with various levels of management across the organization to develop tools that provide meaningful insights into the different segments of the business
- Responsible for managing the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data for Fair Lending analytics and monitoring activities.
- Assist with data requests as part of internal audits, regulatory exams, and compliance monitoring.
- Bachelor's Degree computer science or related technologies
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Mortgage, Consumer, or Commercial Operations or as a Business Analyst
- Minimum 2 years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tool
- Minimum 2 years in the Mortgage Industry
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word,
- Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
- MS SQL and other related Business Intelligence tools
- Development and implementation of new reports for all levels of management
- Query for ad hoc reporting requests
- Provide analytical support for management
- Manage multiple projects, including gathering of requirements, building and implementation of assigned task, and data analysis
- Ability to interact with executive and senior management
- Organize, prep, and present data to management
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver timely and accurate information in a fast paced environment
- Practical knowledge of federal regulatory requirements, and factors influencing the business in which FinTechs operates, specifically: ECOA, FHA, CRA, and HMDA
- Knowledge of how consumer financial products (commercial/consumer loans), personal loans, mortgage and credit card are underwritten and priced
- Performed data analysis and Fair Lending monitoring to determine fair lending risk associated with underwriting, pricing, and servicing.
- Development and implementation of in-house processes for data mining, data assessment, validation, analysis, and correction to determine any limitations on reliability or usability of the data necessary for Fair Lending monitoring and testing.
Starting base salary: $34.55 - $55.19 per hour. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks
At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do, including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an inside look at our Benefits and Perks .
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.'
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.