Quantitative Researcher at Mythical Games
We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are seeking a Quantitative Researcher to join a growing cross-functional team of quants, developers, and product leaders working to build a best-in-class marketplace for video game assets.
The ideal candidate will pair a strong academic background with a pragmatic approach and will be able to balance technical rigor with execution. Strong programming skills in a general-purpose language are essential, as you will be responsible for taking ownership from ideation to implementation. You are comfortable monitoring the performance of pricing and market-making algorithms and confident intervening inactive market operations when necessary. You can prioritize trade-offs independently and work seamlessly with your counterparts in the team and across the org. You are a strong performer, willing to challenge the status quo and think outside of the box, with a passion for markets and data solutions.
This role will report to our VP, Marketplace.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. During these uncertain times and the rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Mythical Games are subject to onboarding and working remotely.
- Develop, monitor, and improve algorithms that provide liquidity on our marketplace; calibrate when necessary to ensure a healthy market
- Apply principles of stochastic dynamic programming and optimal control to cross-market inventory management problems
- Contribute to the foundational marketplace structure, such as fee and order matching policy, by drawing on your knowledge of mechanism design and auction theory
- Explore, document, and integrate new sources of internal and external data into our modeling pipelines
- Build, deploy, and tune both causal and predictive models to improve fundamental understanding of our markets
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to build a suite of quantitative decision support and execution tools for AAA game publishers
- Design, execute and evaluate pricing experiments
- Inform broad strategic and product direction by estimating and applying structural models of supply and demand to evaluate the general equilibrium effects of business decisions
- Experience contributing to risk and profitability decisions in a marketplace setting
- Experience using Monte Carlo methods, such as the Metropolis–Hastings algorithm and the Gibbs sampler
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field with exceptional academic credentials (e.g., Mathematics, EE/CS, Statistics, or Operations Research)
- Intermediate to advanced Python development skills
- Experience working with Python scientific computing packages (NumPy, SciPy, pandas, sklearn, PyTorch, JAX)
- Proficiency with SQL
- Detailed knowledge of applied methods in optimization, statistics, econometrics, and machine learning
- Exceptional problem-solving skills; able to work independently on long-term technical projects
- A team player committed to delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with natural curiosity and investigative skills who takes ownership to drive results
- MA/MS or Ph.D. in a technical field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics/Finance, EE/CS, or Operations Research, or bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of C++
- Familiarity with the GCP suite, including BigQuery, Composer, and Cloud Functions
- Comfort operating in cloud-first, *nix-centric environments
- Interest in and proficiency with blockchain solutions
- Passion for video games
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected]ames. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.