Quantitative Analyst II
Within the Partner Services team of OpenX we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to perform data analysis, publisher optimization and performance management of our publishers. You have analytical skills, enjoy analyzing data, love disrupting the inefficient, and not be afraid to “get your hands dirty”. Moreover you are results-oriented, flexible and eager to acquire new skills and knowledge.
This role requires a highly motivated and result-focused individual with solid business understanding. A successful candidate for this role will have a wide range of technical skills and be proficient in turning data discoveries into profitable solutions and measurable improvements.
- Write and run SQL queries to pull internal data from several data sources as well as collect 3rd party data and analyze data & trends using R or Excel
- Build data dashboards in and tools using R & SQL in Shiny Server
- Educate and provide insights to Account Managers on ways to improve publisher performance.
- Review publisher optimizations using an A/B test framework
- Perform ad hoc data analyses using SQL, R and Excel
- Basic knowledge of R, SQL, Python (Optional), and MS Excel proficiency
- Solid Statistical analysis skills
- Minimum of 2 years operational/financial analysis experience
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly
- Passionate about working with data.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize
- Result-oriented mindset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A vendetta against calling Excel files ‘Dashboards’
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics solutions
- Experience in advertising or with a tech company
- Experience using Shiny
- Understanding of statistics and creating statistical tests
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!