Quantitative Analyst, Growth
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Our team is growing, and we’re looking to add a Quantitative Analyst to our Growth team.
- Simplifies complex data into dashboards to gauge ongoing performance and forecast impact.
- Possesses a vision of the BIG picture - sees beyond the SQL query and connect the dots to the overarching goal.
- Is able to easily prioritize projects and requests by their level of impact
- Enjoys data-driven debates with team members to ensure projects receive peak performance.
- Eager to work alongside product managers and creatives in a fast-pace environment. Provides data-driven recommendations to validate and optimize performance throughout stage of growth initiatives
In the role, you will work directly with the growth manager and other team members to constantly be optimizing subscription performance. Moreover, cross-functional work with engineering, product, and finance is common. You will support in executing and optimizing campaigns to grow our user base and drive key recommendations and action plans to support growth while having high-visibility with a team that shapes the focus and direction of our company.
- Perform in-depth data analysis to identify user behaviors (understand what makes users stay on the app) and interpret findings of the subscription business, and make recommendations to the marketing team
- Track and reporting trial conversion optimization initiatives, and communicate the business impact to the marketing and growth team
- Support cross-functional teams by collecting, cleaning, and maintaining data pipelines
- Analyze results from user upsell and cross-sell initiatives by the marketing and growth team
- Derive insights through A/B tests, funnel analysis and user segmentation
- Assist in analytical ad-hoc projects aiming to spot usage and trends across the app and determine causation
- Support revenue and lifetime value forecasting of subscribers across different offerings
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- At least 4+ years of post-collegiate in a quantitative field in finance, consumer web, subscription services or mobile company
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL query languages
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Quantitative forecasting experience
- Significant experience with Excel
- Ability to communicate the results of your analyses clearly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Experience with R or Python
- Mandarin language proficiency a plus
Benefits & Perks
100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited sick policy
Catered daily lunch
Free on-site parking
Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.