Team and Role Overview:
Relativity Space is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace technology, Relativity’s platform vertically integrates intelligent robotics and 3D autonomous manufacturing technology to build the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket. Relativity’s investors include Fidelity, Blackrock, Tiger Global Y-Combinator, Mark Cuban, BOND, Social Capital, and Playground Capital, among others.
We are looking for a Construction Project Controls Analyst to join our growing team at our factory located in Long Beach, California. You will be responsible for cost tracking and budget management for construction projects and facility operations. You bring curiosity for our unique technology and our production processes, and are eager to develop a 21st century factory of the future.
This position is part of our Launch, Infrastructure, and Facilities organization, which oversee launch operations, new construction projects, and facility operations and maintenance. Our infrastructure and facility construction projects are a key part to Relativity’s success in creating the first autonomous rocket factory, and delivering industry-leading launch services to our customers.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
As Construction Project Control Analyst, you coordinate with multi-discipline engineering, construction, facility, and operations team members to process, document, and track invoices, update and maintain project budgets, and develop forward-looking construction cost metrics. You will work closely with other team members including infrastructure, facilities, fluids, electrical, command & control, launch mechanical, structural, and operations. You will work efficiently and quickly to support Relativity’s infrastructure and related facilities to meet stringent cost and schedule requirements in a very competitive environment.
As a Construction Project Control Analyst at Relativity, you will be at the forefront of creating a world class factory of the future. You enjoy working with teams and are able to work autonomously to ensure project completion. You have a background in construction finance, business administration or related discipline and you have a passion for taking ideas and making them become a reality. You are a learner and doer at heart, who continuously engages across technical and operations teams to achieve amazing outcomes. You are willing to travel up 25% to support ongoing planning, construction, and operations across Relativity’s sites.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business administration, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience working in the aerospace, construction, manufacturing, or oil & gas industry
- Familiar with construction project documentation, construction bid solicitation, contractor selection, and project financial management
- Experience with various construction contract types including lump-sum and T&M
- Experience with purchase order contracts and industry standard AIA construction contracts
- Experience with building out cost-tracking spreadsheets and providing detailed forecasts. Familiarity with managing payables within a budget and tracking progress payments and milestone payments
- Ability to manage project spend and budgets day-to-day as well as overall project management
- Demonstrated customer service excellence and ability to communicate highly effectively in verbal/written form with internal and external customers
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Possess experience with direct responsibility driving projects forward while managing and reporting progress to remote management
- High organizational skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Recognize and act on opportunities; maintain flexibility to adjust as requirements and priorities shift or constraints change and anticipate them when possible
- Ability to work in dynamic environments to execute real-time tasks in tight operation windows
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years of experience working in aerospace, oil & gas, or construction management with a mix of finance and hands-on field experience
- Experience with the Infor LN ERP system
- Advanced degree or training in construction finance and/or construction project management
- Experience with coordinating across architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, fire protection and mechanical process piping design & construction disciples
- Experience with facilities and systems within the aerospace industry
- Experience working with request tracking and/or preventative maintenance software suites (i.e. Atlassian Jira, Angus)
- Familiar with aerospace planning, procedures and operations, and safety
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.