Product Operations, Government Data
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The “Product Operations, Government Data” role at Bird is responsible for building and implementing processes that meet data reporting requirements, managing cities’ data sharing needs, and managing the public records process in cities where Bird operates.
- Engage with cities with complex or technical data needs
- Review all data requirements in permits and engage with Government Partnerships team and cities to clarify and structure requirements to best meet all needs
- Negotiate data sharing agreements with cities, transit agencies, and academics, with the goal of ensuring that Bird is delivering the most useful data in a format that protects business interests and customers
- Create data implementation plans for each customer (cities, transit agencies, academics) that clarify full scope, commitment to data sharing, and a timeline/ownership for all deliverables
- Work with the Legal Team to build and maintain processes for managing the public records process
- Provide 1:1 support to internal teams and external customers/cities regarding the data that's being delivered
- Troubleshoot data issues and pass along requirements to product management and engineering for fixes and updates
- Where appropriate, update the source queries to fix city-specific reporting
- Be able to clearly explain the source and definition of all key reports and metrics being produced by our team
- 3+ years of experience working with data
- Incredibly organized, communicative and team player - you drive everyone around you to be on the same page
- A self-driven executor, you establish and lead project and implementation timelines.
- Experienced in working with data, ideally using more advanced tools like Tableau
- Willing and able to engage in external conversations with grace and clarity, especially when they’re difficult
- Familiar with either large enterprise customers and/or city governments - You empathize with the difficulties of working in a large bureaucracy
- Familiarity with urban planning approaches and GIS tools is a plus
- Passionate about fostering meaningful relationships between Bird and city partners to work towards realizing our shared goal of improving the livability of cities
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description