Principal Engineer, Data at LegalZoom
Principal Engineer will work closely with business stakeholders to help identify opportunities and architect solutions that make him/her a true technology partner. They will also be leading the technical implementations while guiding and mentoring other team members.
This position will provide overall technical solutions and design for data pipeline, advanced analytics and predictive modeling to enable business to gain insights for decision making. Areas impacted include overall technical solutions, ELT design, Data Analysis/data mining methods, building predictive models ,running simulations using algorithms, reporting and implementation of large scale data solutions spanning across line of businesses, operations, cloud and other related areas of the company. Additional areas include leading technical discussions, code reviews, solution documentation and defining overall best practice as related to data pipeline, data engineering and advanced analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all technical solutions, including custom development working with Cross project teams in delivering advanced analytical projects such as LTV, Churn rates, ARR/MRR
- Develop predictive models and algorithms to drive business insights
- Responsible for the solution design, hands-on development, technical tasks oversight, release management and implementation of models to test the effectiveness of hypothesis.
- Deep hands-on experience and knowledge of data integration and data gathering methodologies, messaging and APIs
- Work with management to align solutions and data integration with business strategy and objectives.
- Apply broad in depth business and technical knowledge to advance technical direction.
- Define overall ELT architecture including key designs on data integration standards such as loading event streaming data, real time/batch, data validation, parallelization etc.
- Architect solutions based on specific project requirements, considering best practices and performance standards while promoting reusability
- Ability to manage and participate as a principal Data Analyst gathering and analyzing source systems, processing logic, content and operational system usage.
- While being hands-on, the candidate must be able to oversee the development team while working with other cross functional teams following agile methodologies.
- Analyze issues, reverse engineer where needed to come up with solutions to resolve in a timely manner
- Responsible for maintaining teams commitment to excellence and high standards in a collaborative environment
- Bachelors of Science or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Candidate should possess 10+ years of overall IT experience
- Candidate should possess 6+ years in a direct role as an advanced data engineer / data scientist
- Candidate should possess 6+ years of Data engineering, data pipeline and data gathering methodologies and
- Candidate should possess 4+ Years – predictive data modeling and algorithems experience in developing, training and optimizing for the outcomes.
- Experience in statistical languages such as R, Python, SQL to manipulate and process data to draw business insights.
- Good understanding of advanced analytical techniques and concepts such as linear and logical regression, decision tree, classification and regression trees, SVM and others
- Candidate should possess technical expertise in application integration (Real Time, Data and event Streams)
- Broad and Deep Data Warehousing and Data Integration exposure
- Technical expertise in distributed system architecture, design, and development
- Experience and exposure to Hadoop, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandara and/or NoSQL environments a plus.
- Good understanding of data architecture in a cloud environment with Azure or AWS
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management in a clear and professional manner; verbally and written, and possess superior people management and leadership skills
- Strong Project Management, Leadership, Decision-making, and Technical design skills
- Strong problem solving, performance tuning, Test case analysis
- Ability to multitask and comfortable working in a large organization across multiple teams
- Experience with customer data platform, subscription, B2C business model, is a plus
- Experience integrating systems like Salesforce with other internal systems and cloud based SaaS apps