At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
The Data Platform team is a collection of data resources and best practices which are used throughout the organization so that mission driven teams can focus upon their missions rather than the details of a specific data task, such as ingestion, orchestration, integration, et al.. As we scale the organization, the Data Platform plays a key role in how teams perform their data related work. The giant step we are making is our shift from a batch driven data architecture to an event driven architecture. GoodRx is looking to build a team of key architects to drive this transition and fundamentally change our approach to data production, processing, integration, and consumption.
- Lead and participate in technical efforts across the engineering organization to help us better leverage an event driven architecture
- Continually drive improvements to our event infrastructure
- Promote and evangelize architectural best practices around integrating with the Data Platform across teams within engineering
- Leverage vast experience to continually improve the stability and performance of the Data Platform
- Collaborate with other teams to build consensus on the utility and benefits of using the Data Platform
- Establish centralized approach to discovery of existing events and process for documenting new events
- Leverage experience in all facets of data processing, including ETL, data storage, data warehousing, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Guide the overall enterprise data strategy by creating, managing, and promoting short and long term architectural vision
- Significant experience providing guidance around technology selection, build vs buy, etc.
- Experience with eventing infrastructure, such as KafkaSignificant experience with data warehousing, ETL, and supporting analytic tooling
- Strong experience with integration patterns using an event driven architecture
- Significant experience with building tooling for developer experience for working with an event driven architecture
- Proven track record of architecting and operating scalable event driven architecture that conform to best practices
- Strong experience with AWS infrastructure and ecosystem
- A strong coach that can encourage and develop the event driven mindset across the engineering organization
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description