Principal Business Intelligence Analyst at Grindr (Remote)
What’s so interesting about this role?
Grindr is in the process of reimagining its BI - Data Reporting Platform and we’re looking for a Principal Business Intelligence team member to drive this initiative.
You will support business partners with advanced data insights and serve as a subject matter expert within the finance team for our monetization efforts and subscriber health focus. You will work closely with our VP of Finance to develop in-depth insights into our user journey including activations and cohort analysis, identifying product success, and subscriber health and engagement
You will be analyzing TAM, MAU and conversions globally in the 190 countries where Grindr operates. This will help provide a view to pricing in those countries which monetize best and coming up with ideas that delight our users, based on data. Deliverables will focus on strategic and tactical initiatives with the view to prioritize what is best for the business. The company is a data-driven organization and the intelligence garnered from our past efforts will help inform the best path forward.
Our goal is to drive long-term growth by exploring avenues to delight our users with products that they want to pay for which increases our revenue while keeping users engaged. If you’re excited by driving growth through global, cross-functional initiatives and want to be part of a company that is creating a safe space for the queer community, then this role is for you.
What’s the job?
- Utilize an advanced understanding of multiple data structures, sources, and tools to guide business, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders to provide strategic support and recommendations across various teams.
- Build and maintain internal reporting pipelines and dashboards for the monetization teams including troubleshooting, development, and access controls. Write advanced SQL queries, and system configurations, and manage and execute project plans.
- Conduct training and webinars to enable self-serve analytics for the stakeholders.
What we'll love about you
- At least 8 years of post-collegiate experience with 3 years in subscription/freemium services.
- Proficient with R, Python, Spark and/or SAS statistical packages.
- Significant experience with data modeling tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Experience working with relational databases and advanced SQL transforming datasets to meet business needs.
- Ability to cultivate cross-functional relationships and work in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment with a track record of managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience developing dashboards or performing analysis in a client-facing role, collaborating with stakeholders to gather requirements, build solutions using an iterative approach.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct operational initiatives and comfortable managing ambiguity.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Quantitative forecasting experience.
- Ability to communicate the results of your analyses clearly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and equity
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ community.
Grindr is an equal-opportunity employer
Grindr is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits.
Base Pay Range