Playlisting Analyst - Commercial Partnerships
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Playlisting Analyst - Commercial Partnerships supports the Third Party and Associated Labels in the areas of artist analytics and business intelligence. Responsible for developing communication, collection, organization, and analysis of pertinent data to positively impact revenue and marketing decisions.
- Using internal and external systems to develop analytics & consumer insights that inform effective revenue initiatives on an artist and release basis leading to marketing & commercial decisions.
- Revenue/Marketing-focused responsibilities:
- Identifying Artist and release opportunities on a granular data centric level.
- Strategizing with label and partners on specific marketing events and programs
- Social Media and Streaming Marketing: Identify opportunities and guide execution of social media outreach and playlisting strategy with partner and content providers.
- Artist and title specific reporting and action-oriented planning
- Weekly comprehensive recap of sales and streaming results
- Streaming and Promotional event analysis
- Manage analysis requests with labels and internal analysis teams
- Strong analytical skills coupled with ability to communicate strategy, drive artist growth and maximize revenue
- Passion for breaking artists using all the tools available in today's marketplace
- Excellent Microsoft Excel (including VBA) and PowerPoint skills. Python programming, SQL, Tableau, DOMO, or other data manipulation / visualization platforms. Deep knowledge of Nielsen, Mediabase and third party (Chartmetric), partner (Spotify, Apple, Pandora, YouTube) data and analytics platforms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship building within UMG, labels and partners
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow through
- Extremely organized with superior time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and produce high-quality results under tight deadlines in a team environment
- Inherent analytical and quantitative skills with experience in social media and search engine marketing
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of commercial products and product consumption
- Strong interest in music and pop culture, with extensive knowledge of current and catalog music titles and artists across all music distribution companies
- Experience with analytics, search engine and social media marketing, relational database reporting tools, SQL & Google Big Query a plus, programming Python and understanding of Partner API's.
- Knowledge of social media and current platforms of entertainment consumption
- Working knowledge and understanding of UMG internal systems a plus. Ability to quickly learn new systems a must
- BA degree - (Music Business, Marketing, Mathematics, or Statistics studies preferred)
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.