Operations Research at Beyond Limits
Our technical team is looking for a specialist in Operations Research. The successful candidate will work with our data science and engineering teams to develop mathematical/scientific models to solve problems relating to energy, healthcare, finance, and logistics.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build simulation models (e.g. discrete event, agent-based) of industrial systems.
- Formulate and solve optimization problems for real-world applications.
- Apply statistical/machine learning approaches to data to answer operations questions.
- Conduct logical analysis of complex to highly complex management problems, manage information requirements and formulate relevant mathematical models.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment to brainstorm, design, implement and deliver solutions to some of the most challenging industrial IOT problems on the planet.
- Work independently with minimal or no direction.
- Ph.D. in Operations Research, mathematics or related field
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to build and deploy solutions that apply modeling and analytical skills (simulations, optimization, etc.) to real-world problems
- Experience with optimization (e.g. linear programming, dynamic programming, nonlinear optimization) for industrial problems
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java or Scala
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working on teams with diverse technological backgrounds
- Project scoping and management experience
- Strong publication record
About Beyond Limits
Beyond Limits is a pioneering Artificial Intelligence company with a technology history in Space Exploration. A satellite of NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab and Caltech, Beyond Limits provides advanced intelligence solutions that go far beyond conventional AI. Our cognitive computing technology mimics human thought processes and provides autonomous reasoning to aid human-like decision-making.