Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide. Deluxe is a wholly owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
We currently have an opening for a Localization Module Owner. This position is based out of Burbank, CA
We are looking for a dynamic and adaptive individual who thrives working in an exciting and fast-paced environment, for a company that is focused on redefining standards through the use of technology.
The Module Owner will be responsible for creating and updating feature requests, roadmaps and defining requirements for a forward-thinking end-to-end supply chain product line. They will work with internal and external stakeholders to understand overall business strategy, product features and requirements, while prioritizing & communicating those requirements to development teams. The individual will work with the development team to ensure successful translation of those requirements into a high-quality B2B product. They will be responsible for user experience, creating schedules, managing timelines and ongoing enhancements of the product or product line. The Module Owner will need to prioritize tradeoffs, write/accept user stories and track progress throughout the software development lifecycle. They will need to do so in a way that keeps high statuses transparent to stakeholders.
• Interface with key stakeholders from various Deluxe Groups (Localization, Operations, Sales, Billing) to define, develop, shape and refine requirements for a B2B Localization supply-chain software product (or product line).
• Define, prioritize, and communicate user stories; working with others to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals.
• Build and groom product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal sign-off from key stakeholders.
• Collaborate with the lead developer to run successful Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
• Create diagrams and/or wireframes to communicate workflows
• Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria.
• Plan and Run user feedback sessions
• Sketch high fidelity wireframes to maximize usability and enhance user experience
• Periodically review the product with stakeholders to ensure product meets expectations.
• Work towards improving product ownership and other agile processes.
• Track goals and metrics to measure the effectiveness after release.
• Monitor & report on progress to stakeholders.
• Perform product demos across other teams as needed. Stay in sync with overall company product strategy and evaluate managed products with respect to potential connections/APIs/integrations with other company/partner products.
• Own and maintain product documentation including feature lists, roadmaps, pricing, module lists, internal sales training materials, demo videos etc.
• Study competitive offerings in the market and anticipate customer needs.
• Bachelor's degree in any of the following disciplines:
Communication, Computer Programming, Fine Arts/Film.
• 2-4 years of directly applicable experience as a product owner in a software organization preferred or, 2-4 years of experience in localization.
• Hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
• High level understanding of agile processes and methodologies.
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues.
• Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical people
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to think abstractly, outside the box, etc.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet deadlines. Some travel may be required.
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry is highly desired in an ideal candidate; especially related to localization, digital audio, digital video, asset management systems/platforms, and multimedia formats.
• Strong knowledge of web-best practices.
• Bilingual skills a huge plus.
• Any prior experience with Localization, Dubbing, Subtitling, Video/Audio assets is also a huge plus.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team! We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.