Merchandising Analyst at FIGS
FIGS is looking for a Merchandising Analyst to support the men’s merchandising team. The ideal candidate is passionate about data, analysis, product and profitability and must be able to stay focused and detail oriented while supporting all categories of the men’s business. This position would partner cross-functionally with planning, data science, design, production, planning, marketing, creative/graphics, product/ecommerce and CX in order to help create an on-brand product assortment.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with the Director of Merchandising in supporting all data analysis in order to efficiently manage all aspects of the business to drive results
- Think creatively around ways to deliver effective selling analysis weekly, and daily, through manipulation of accessible data (visual representation a bonus)
- Support the merchandising strategy through detailed data and selling analysis that provides clear direction for future product assortments that accurately represents the brand
- Present to team and executives in milestone meetings
- Perform operational functions supporting the merchandising team, by providing ongoing analysis and interpretation of key business issues including using merchandise reports, Open-to-Buy monitoring, stock analysis and other ad hoc analysis
- Make recommendations for in season strategy changes as needed and communicate to cross functional team on a timely basis
- Analyze specific category and product performance for weekly merchandising reports and hindsights to optimize sales for upcoming weeks and seasons
- Help with seasonal merchandise plans and roadmaps by monitoring sales, market trends and competitive research
- Prepare and organize all data analysis and assets needed for big business milestone meetings
- Evaluate all merchandising buy plans, ensure accuracy and resolve all discrepancies if required
- Reconcile receipts with Planning on buy units and samples with Product Development/Tech Design
- Act as a liaison for cross-functional partners like Design, PD, Planning, Creative, Product, Marketing, CX
- Maintain administrative tasks of updating files
- Aid in creating templates to streamline processes
- 3-5 years’ experience in a planning or merchandising role (ideally omni-channel)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Strong analytical and retail math skills
- Creative mindset for manipulating/analyzing data, with a knack for showing visually through charts/graphs/etc.
- Outstanding communication verbal and written skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Problem solving skills
- Project management experience to easily manage various projects and campaigns while staying on-track with deliverables and communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Google Suite (Google Slides, Google Docs)
Other must haves:
- A strong team player with a Positive, go-getter attitude!
- Creative and Concise thinker
- Proven work ethic and integrity and able to be a team player
- Independent, demonstrates confidence and takes the initiative
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome. Like our scrubs
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.