Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The vehicle engineering department is responsible for ensuring that Relativity’s rockets will achieve our objectives. As the Manager of Integrated Analysis, you will lead a team of analysts responsible for accelerating Relativity’s hardware design and test teams by providing critical insight and guidance through structural, thermal, and fluids analysis.
You will work collaboratively with the structures, additive, propulsion, avionics, fluids, test and dynamics teams to deliver analysis and test projects on time and budget, while meeting our technical requirements. A high degree of autonomy along with an ability to prioritize work in our fast paced environment is required.
What you’ll do:
You will play a key role in driving the Terran 1 launch vehicle to first flight, developing initial architecture for the upcoming Terran R vehicle, and growing a talented and experienced group of analysts. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary vehicle engineering team to deliver world-class insight in the areas of structural, thermal, and fluids analysis. Additionally, you will help build an outstanding analysis organization at the cutting edge of commercial aerospace.
Here are some examples of projects you could be working on:
- Establish and execute roadmaps for engineering analysis in collaboration with Relativity’s engineering leadership team to achieve our strategic objectives
- Leverage analysis to drive the design of major Terran 1 system elements to meet criteria for structural, thermal, and fluids performance
- Serve as company technical authority for analysis, with ownership of relevant requirements, criteria and verification activities; customer and range certification; and methodology, tool sets, and workflows
- Hire, train, guide, and mentor analysts to be hardware-focused, collaborative, and technically rigorous
- Define and lead testing campaigns, such as for engine components, pressurized primary structure, and mechanisms, including test modeling & planning, instrumentation, data acquisition, test operations, and model correlation
- Mature Relativity’s analysis processes, including custom and commercial tool selection and implementation, workflow automation, methodology development, and data and results processing and communication
- Direct consultants and contractors in supporting analysis and test activities
In order to be successful in this role, you should be self-motivated, adaptable and able to lead a team in a fast-paced, integrated vehicle program. You should also be able to resolve ambiguity and drive projects to completion. Ideally, you have significant structural, thermal, or fluids analysis and leadership experience as well as a proven track record completing projects successfully in a highly collaborative environment.
On a weekly basis, you will be providing guidance for the team, upholding the highest level of accountability, reviewing or performing analysis, as well as supporting testing and certification of all Relativity launch vehicle systems. You will also use your strong organizational skills to properly manage the documentation and communication of your team’s actions, recommendations, and decisions.
What you need to know:
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or related field and relevant experience over multiple program lifecycles
- 3+ years experience in managing and leading highly technical teams, including hiring and performance management
- Industry-leading expertise in structural, thermal, or fluids analysis
- Experience in an analysis role from concept through V&V and certification on at least one integrated vehicle program
- Experience solving complex problems on integrated vehicles
- Hands-on experience with testing, instrumentation, and data analysis at the component and system levels
- Experience structuring, negotiating, executing, and delivering complex analysis projects to hardware teams
Nice to haves but not required:
- A graduate degree (MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 15+ years relevant experience
- Experience managing and developing analysis toolsets and workflows using both custom and commercial software
- Expertise in multiple technical domains (e.g. structural and thermal)
- Experience leading anomaly resolution/failure investigations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.