Manager of Data & Telecom Circuit Provisioning
Manager of Data & Telecom Circuit Provisioning
Have a major impact on a critical component of Boingo’s business! Use your razor sharp analytical chops and compelling presentation skills to perpetuate Boingo’s stellar reputation as an unparalleled Wi-Fi provider for large venues. As our next Data and Telecom Circuit Provisioning Manager, you’ll provide expertise in data and telecom circuit requirements gathering activities, carrier sourcing, carrier proposal comparative analysis, and support timely circuit delivery (Provisioning Lifecycle Management). This high-impact, fast-growth position will join our lively Operations group and interact closely with various internal and external teams.
The Manager will also prepare a cost proposal analysis optimizing costs, terms, capacity, maintain relevant circuit documentation, review monthly invoices and budget expense tracking. Work with carriers and subcontractors in the development of solutions to provide voice and/or data circuits, and transport methods over copper and fiber networks.
Boingo provides Wi-Fi Internet access and digital TV over Wi-Fi to commercial and government users. Venues where service is provided, such as Airports, Café’s, Hotels, Sports Arenas, Military Barracks, and many more!
- Manage multiple requests from cross functional teams for new services and changes to existing services.
- Work with carriers to provide competitive bids that meet the requested service requirements, prepare order summaries and comparative analysis for the requestor(s) review and approval.
- Manage request and review carrier service order forms, circulate orders for signature, manage carriers to their firm order commitment date(s), manage expectations to delivery date, and track / maintain appropriate documents / data / details through the term of the service. The candidate will also be responsible for circuit utilization analysis, capacity growth planning and expense management.
- Identify optimal solutions for the requested service requirements.
- Extensive daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to keep all groups informed on all circuit information.
- Familiarity with the various service delivery approaches, i.e. Point-to-point links, dedicated internet links, private MPLS networks, and different delivery technologies, such as frame relay (SK1, DS3, etc.), point-to-point frame relay, xDSL, point-to-point/multipoint wireless, and various network connectivity
- nExperience with IP Transport and Fiber Systems, Point to Point, Frame relay, PRI, MPLS and Voice-over-IP
- Project Management experience of facilities based networks deployments for Broadband, Wi-Fi, Pay-TV, etc.
- Detail oriented, highly organized; able to multi-task and juggle many projects simultaneously
- Close attention to detail and excellent communication skills across a range of audiences
- Ability to Forecast to Budget and work closely with Accounting and Finance teams
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint presentations, Visio and Word
- Prior exposure to Smart Sheets, SalesForce, and Confluence (Wiki)
- Experience with voice and data circuit procurement and provisioning, end-to-end management of circuit orders preferred
- Experience negotiating with carriers and the understanding of establishing master service agreements and developing major accounts with carriers preferred
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, universities, and military bases. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning WWHQ, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA twice in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.