What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Manager, Data Systems and Reliability to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As Manager, Data Systems and Reliability, you’ll lead a group of Database Engineers and Software Development Engineers in Test to build the tools and testing frameworks that improve safety, risk prevention, and operational efficiency for construction projects. This is a high-visibility role that requires excellence in both strategic and technical skills. If you’re a driven individual excited by the opportunity to work alongside a team of passionate engineers to create Procore’s next generation of data products and capabilities—apply today!
This position will report into the Director, Data Engineering and Analytics, and has the opportunity to be based in our Carpinteria, CA, or Austin, TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Build data tools and validation frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our data stores and streaming data hub
- Build data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners
- Manage development of anomaly detection platform and data validation framework to ensure data quality in data pipeline
- Lead the DBA team to support the different stores to ensure application SLA compliance
- Continuously integrate and ship code into our on premise and cloud Production environments
- Develop data tools from ground up using a data stack such as Scala, Spark, SQL and Java to support tools around Postgres, Kafka, and Snowflake etc.
- Lead and develop sustainable data driven solutions with current new generation data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Build robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application
- Influence cross team/matrix organization, provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members
What we’re looking for:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience is required
- 2+ years of management or leadership experience, 10+ years of industry experience in data engineering and data pipeline operation or related fields
- Robust experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
- Robust experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL
- Strong track record of leading teams and projects across many disciplines including data warehousing, business intelligence, application development, operations
- Familiarity with database modeling, data warehousing principles; experience with Big Data tools like Spark, Hive, etc
- Familiarity with data science tools and concepts
- Experience fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to distill complex analysis and concepts into concise business-focused takeaways
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.