Manager, Data Science - Core Analytics at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platforms provide users with a smarter way to shop through instant access to exclusive savings, deals, and rewards powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are seeking a seasoned Manager to help shape and drive the vision of our analytical data ecosystem.
We work closely with the Product, Growth, and Engineering teams to understand online shopping trends, provide valuable customer experiences, and inform product development across shopping platforms. Together, we sit at the intersection of people and technology to deliver users a smarter way to shop.
What You'll Do:
As a Manager, Data Science - Core Analytics at Honey, you will:
- Act as a player/coach, leading and mentoring a team of highly-skilled data scientists and analysts in managing the development of the enterprise analytics data environment used to drive reporting and ad-hoc analysis at Honey.
- In partnership with the analytics leads, drive metric standardization, data governance, and consistency in corporate reporting.
- Be a strong advocate for the team by representing their needs and challenges with cross-functional leadership to establish and deliver against roadmaps
- Foster a culture of transparency ensuring data accuracy and uniform understanding of key metrics.
- You will lead the development of new and emerging use cases in our analytical ecosystem; and you will be a visionary and guide, unifying the Analytics tech stack into a strategically cohesive and operationally integrated end-to-end product suite.
- Act as a liaison and evangelist, ensuring that the Analytics team is in lock-step with the greater technological initiatives at Honey and that its analytical data ecosystem continues to be a critical hub in the overall tech strategy.
- 4+ years of experience managing a team of analysts, data scientist, and/or data engineers.
- A minimum 5 years engineering experience in distributed systems, servers, networking, test, cloud computing, big data, in support of analytics or business intelligence function.
- Able to split time effectively between hand on technical work, managing, developing, and mentoring, setting technical direction, and driving alignment.
- Scale as a broad leader to guide a group of architects, technical leads, and engineers to help design, implement, and maintain Honey’s Analytical data platform.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, taking vague requirements and transform them into concise deliverables.
- Forward thinking with focus on multi-year goals for engineering and subsequently executing against them.
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.