Machine Learning Engineering Manager at Tinder
Tinder connects people. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Your daily work here will cause millions of people to spark meaningful connections. We have a small, dedicated engineering team with one of the highest ratios of users to engineers in the industry, making every member of the team critical to our success. We are looking for a great candidate to help us explore a vast amount of data and derive knowledge from that data that can be used to improve our product.About the Role
The engineering manager role will be responsible for the development of machine learning models and systems for trust and safety applications.
As Tinder continues to grow and create new and exciting experiences for our users, the challenges of maintaining a safe and protected experience grow ever-larger and more complicated. Our team is responsible for developing state-of-the-art machine learning models to create a user experience free of bad user-generated content and abusive behavior such as spam, fake accounts, scams, and toxic behavior.What You Will Do
- Lead a world class machine learning team, which solves meaningful problems at massive scale (1.6+ billion user swipes per day).
- Lead development of state-of-the-art machine learning models and deep learning models (computer vision and natural language processing)
- Define and own the objectives and metrics for your team, and devise a development strategy and roadmap
- Lead and mentor team members to reach their full potential
- Recruit and build a world-class engineering team
- Content moderation. Tinder has very high diversity data, including photos, bios, etc. We need to develop cutting-edge deep learning models to moderate user-generated data to make sure that Tinder provides a healthy environment to our users.
- Anti-spam and anti-bot. Tinder has a massive number of active users. We are developing machine learning models to identify bots and spammers as early as when they sign up.
- 4+ years of machine learning experience
- 1+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Hands-on experience in designing and building highly scalable distributed ML models
- Someone who is not afraid to make critical decisions and has a bias towards action
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team to go above and beyond
- Ph.D. or MS in machine learning, computer science, statistics or other highly quantitative fields
- Industry experience in trust and safety space
- In-depth knowledge of deep neural networks, classification techniques, computer vision, natural language processing
- Experience with frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop.
- Experience with AWS.
- Proficiency in deep learning framework: Tensorflow, Keras, etc.
- Experience with publications in top conferences such as NIPS, ICML, and KDD.
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and, meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunch and dinner, endless supply of refreshments, free massages, basketball court, fitness classes, and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location