Team and Role Overview
Relativity is looking for a talented Machine Learning Engineer to join the multifaceted Additive Manufacturing team comprised of software, automation and computer vision engineers who work closely with welding engineers. This position will play a crucial role in expanding the intelligent systems that help us autonomously 3D print rockets! This will be the foundational work for our future off-planet printer controls.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To support our mission to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown, you will be joining our Additive Manufacturing team in order to create applications that will run our deposition processes autonomously. This means that you will be leveraging Machine Learning for predictive modelling, intelligent weld parameter development, real-time feature detection and be involved with state of the art research and development in Additive Manufacturing!
Your objectives will entail using time series modelling for detecting temporal changes in deposition characteristics, reinforcement learning for parameter and process development, supervised Learning for classifying welding parameters and image data and unsupervised Learning for finding meaningful clusters in data. You will also be analyzing large volumes of data for gaining useful insights into our 3D printing process.
Ideally, you have experience applying Machine Learning to solve real-world problems and are excited to learn about the additive manufacturing process. You enjoy solving complex problems and building intelligent systems in a collaborative environment.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Statistics or a relevant field
- 3+ years of industry experience in applied Machine Learning
- Applied experience in data exploration
- Applied experience building real-time predictive models
- Applied experience building predictive models with time series data
- Applied experience using Reinforcement Learning
- Applied experience using Neural Networks
- Expert in Python or R
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s/PhD in Machine Learning or Statistics or a relevant field
- 6+ years of experience Machine Learning or Statistics
- Experience with OpenAI Gym, TensorFlow
- Experience with Spark, Cassandra
- Experience working with 3D image volumes
- Relevant paper publications
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description