Machine Learning Engineer, Trust and Safety at Tinder
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:13 a.m. (PST) on Friday, October 15, 2021
Tinder connects people. With tens of millions of members and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive — and rapidly growing. Your daily work here will cause millions of people to spark new and meaningful connections. Our small, dedicated engineering team has one of the highest ratios of members to engineers in the industry, which makes every member of the team critical to our success. You'll have a unique opportunity to join a company with a global footprint while working on a team that's small enough for you to feel the impact each day.
Trust & Safety Team
Tinder T&S team is responsible for systems, algorithms, and policies that keep Tinder and its members safe. It is a multi-disciplinary team of Engineers, ML Practitioners, and Policy Experts.
In this role you will:
- Build and maintain systems that enable the T&S team to detect and remediate bad actors on the platform. You will use techniques that spread across many ML fields: Deep Learning, Anomaly Detection, Qualitative/Quantitative Analytics, etc and will leverage large amounts of text, photos, and app behavior data.
- You will integrate closely with T&S policy, product, and engineering teams. You will be responsible for proposing new algorithms and get them integrated into the T&S ecosystem.
- Collaborate with policy, and the product team to establish how an algorithm will be used.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to put the algorithm in production.
Who you are:
- Successful candidates will have a learning mindset, care about problems more than the technique, are self-motivated, and collaborative.
- Experience with at least one popular machine learning framework. Preferably Tensorflow.
- Experience with modern machine learning techniques. Preferably Supervised Learning using Deep Learning, and Anomaly Detection.
- Experience with modeling text, and photos data.
- Experience with Qualitative/Quantitative analytics at scale. Preferably using modern tools like Spark.
- BS/MS/Ph.D in Computer Science or related field.
- Proficiency in at least one popular programming language. Preferably Python.
- Working knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- 1+ years of professional experience developing, and deploying ML models.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.