Lead Data Engineer at FabFitFun, Inc.
FabFitFun is dominating the women's lifestyle marketplace with our curated seasonal boxes, live and licensed video content, and increased membership offerings. With over 1M members and an $80M Series A round that we raised earlier this year, our business is growing rapidly. At FabFitFun, we leverage data to power our platform and are seeking an innovating and self-driven Lead Data Engineer to join our growing Data Engineering team for building a scalable and modern data warehouse and business-driven data products.
This Lead Data Engineer will partner with existing Analytics and Algorithms teams and act as the subject matter expert and technical lead to develop critical data pipelines for making real-time decisions and business recommendations. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of data engineering, big data, distributed/cloud computing and have a proven track record supporting and fulfilling the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of Data Engineers to build, test and refine data pipelines for data analytics & business intelligence (BI).
- Data modelling, process design and overall data pipeline architecture.
- Ensure the data quality and consistency with monitoring and support, and play an active role in establishing data governance around company KPIs.
- Work closely with the Product, Data Science & BI teams to design, build & test end-to-end solutions.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related field
- Experience being technical leader and visionary for a data engineering team with a critical role in building complex data pipelines
- Proven ability to looking at solutions unconventionally and explore opportunities and devise innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience gathering complex business requirements and identifying data needs
- Extensive experience with design & development of relational databases and data warehouses.
- Advanced level of proficiency in SQL development
- Strong knowledge & expertise with Python, Spark, Shell scripting
- Extensive ETL development experience with large-scale DBS or big data systems such as Hadoop, BigQuery, AWS Redshift, Snowflake, etc
- Extensive experience with ETL Development tools such as Talend, Pentaho, Informatica or other AWS ETL frameworks.
- Experience working with BI reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau or Microstrategy.
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps, and inconsistencies.
What You'll Get:
- Daily impact on one of the fastest growing companies in the US that are revolutionizing e-commerce
- Assist in helping FabFitFun achieve personalization through data science and analytics
- Full health-care coverage as well as dental and vision coverage and 401k
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Free FabFitFun subscription and and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store