Genomics Data Engineer
Quantgene is launching a product poised to change the course of medicine: a multi-cancer screening test capable of detecting the ten deadliest cancers in the blood at the earliest possible stage. Our clinical network includes some of the largest clinical institutions in the US and Europe. Global leaders in science, oncology, and biotech have validated our research and methodologies. Quantgene's wet lab division is led by one of the most accomplished teams in genomic diagnostics.
We are small, agile and highly effective. We are a team of 30, and growing fast.
Your job will be to analyze large genomic datasets and identify correlations between variables, including laboratory quality data, genomic data such as mutations, clinical and demographic data. Your objective will be to identify statistical trends in the data and find subsets of patients, samples, disease types and so on that offer new perspectives on the data.
While background knowledge in biology and genomics is important, it is more important that you LOVE analyzing data and are highly creative and scientific in the ways you approach your analysis. You have to find out the hidden patterns in the world’s deepest genomic dataset and unlock more ways to spot, profile and predict deadly diseases like cancer.
- Medium to strong python skills
- Multiple years experience in analyzing complex datasets
- Fast and effective in developing new statistical perspectives on multi-dimensional datasets
- Creative in formulating new perspective and in visualizing statistical findings and comparisons
- Strong in excel or other data manipulation and visualization tools
- Great at presenting results and telling quantitative / statistical stories to other team members, executives and stakeholders
- Background in statistics, data analysis, economics, finance, genomics or equivalent
- The successful candidate will have a PhD or MS in computer science, computational biology, biostatistics, or related field
- The candidate must have experience working with genomic data
- The candidate must have demonstrated success developing machine learning models and approaches, genomic analyses, or statistical methods, with applications for analysis of genomic data
- The candidate must have a strong programming skills and demonstrated proficiency working with large datasets in distributed computing environment
- Strong writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills will be needed in our collaborative and fast-paced team
Location, Perks, Compensation, and Timeline
Compensation is competitive, including substantial stock options. We offer vacation, 401k matching, and medical/dental insurance. We are in the Arts & Tech district in Santa Monica, CA in a modern, bright, and spacious converted industrial barn with a full kitchen…all within walking distance to the Metro. Work-from-home and flex days are available.
Must live in the Los Angeles area and be willing to commute to our office. Relocation is possible for the right candidate.
Quantgene values entrepreneurial thinkers who love to devise new ideas and drive them to fruition. Your voice will be heard here, and welcome. Our office is a collaborative environment with smart people who are passionate about wellness, changing healthcare, and saving lives through early cancer detection. It’s fun, challenging, and ultimately meaningful work that makes a genuine difference.
Job Type: Full Time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Quantgene is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.