At GOAT Group, our Fraud team is essential in maintaining trust between our buyers and sellers. Tasked with everything from auditing purchases to verifying credit card information, you will be part of a group dedicated to protecting our customers as well as the integrity of our platforms. In this vital role, you will use best-in-class technology alongside our own proprietary analytical models to ensure superior fraud prevention.
In this role you will:
- Review all orders utilizing fraud tools on a daily basis in a timely manner to identify valid and fraudulent transactions while adhering to department and company service level agreements
- Maintain or exceed minimum review volume expectations with minimal errors, complaints, fraud alerts and chargebacks
- Review and analyze various notifications and escalations to identify fraudulent transactions
- Provide timely and accurate responses to emails and/or voicemails to ensure that customers are getting the best service especially when being asked for verification, etc.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of any and all restrictions placed or refunds processed
- Work with fraud leadership to evaluate or develop tools and infrastructure to enhance the ability to detect fraudulent activity proactively
- Work closely with other members of the team to continuously improve internal processes whenever necessary
- Maintain effective working relationships across internal and external departments as necessary
- Maintain a positive attitude and be willing to adjust daily responsibilities to meet the needs of the business
- Must be able to work weekends and non-traditional shifts
- Shift: 11:30 - 8 PM PST. One weekend day required.
We are looking for:
- 3+ years of related experience with fraud prevention, fraud data analysis, investigations, or risk management
- 2+ years reviewing orders, identifying fraud trends and creating fraud rules
- Strong skills with Spreadsheets or Excel (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Ability to think analytically, logically and make accurate decisions
- Exceptional attention to detail with consistent accuracy
- The ability to take direction and follow stringent processes and regulations
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to meet critical deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter, requires little to no supervision and comfortable taking initiative while quickly grasping concepts, processes and ideas
- Must be able to work within a team environment and be a team player
- Consistently go the extra mile to provide a positive consumer experience
- Excellent proficiency working with web browsers and web based tools
- We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description