Fandango- Sr. Database Administrator
This role is to help increase consistency and efficiency across the board for our data teams. We need a Senior Database Administrator who is able to help us pay off technical debt via automation and tooling, working closely with stakeholders, and with the other members of the DBA team to help with day to day tasks. This role can expect to help operate multiple databases in both the cloud and datacenter, improve performance, and design automated solutions.
- Work with engineering and business stakeholders to understand data requirements and unify solutions.
- Operate large, evolving, structured and unstructured data sets
- Work with the latest cloud database solutions
- Lead automation efforts across multiple data systems.
- Run the business task
- Design automated solutions
• 5+ years of database administration experience across different database platforms such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, DynamoDB, MongoDB
• Linux/Windows Server basic hands on admin experience.
• Experience with Cloud Computing management on the AWS platform
• Scripting experience with Python or Bash required.
• Experience with Monitoring/Alert planning for data services.
• Broad knowledge of common infrastructure technologies such as web servers, load balancers etc.
• Expertise with highly-available database technologies like clustering, replication, mirroring, etc.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered and distributed applications.
• Experience using NoSQL alongside RDBMS
• Experienced in automation and automation tools such as Jenkins, Ocotpus, scripting, SALT, DSC, Puppet, Chef, etc.
• Amazon RDS
• Amazon Aurora
• Amazon Athena
• Cloud Solutions and Providers
• Amazon Redshift
Bash is a plus
E-Commerce platform a plus
• Effective communicator and team player.
• Self Starter who can work without heavy supervision
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to participate in 24x7 on call rotation.