Fandango- Senior Technical Business Analyst
Fandango is seeking a Senior Technical Business Analyst to research and troubleshoot various business platforms and recommend best practice solutions and strategies for process and product improvement. The position will play a key supporting role and work closely with Development teams, Commerce, Customer Service, Analytics & Finance, IT Operations and Compliance. While analyzing technical challenges, you may utilize established development tools and technologies, including but not limited to SQL, ASP.NET, C#, Node.js, and Java. The Senior Technical Business Analyst will be able to work unsupervised, operating as a key contributor to problem resolution. Results of analysis will be gathered and documented, reporting to senior management and product stakeholders. The position will be working in a continuous delivery environment.
A successful candidate will be self-sufficient, have a strong analytical mindset, excellent troubleshooting skills, a thorough knowledge of databases, and a passion for customer focus and software.
- Analysis and understanding of Fandango’s commerce and customer service systems utilized by different business units.
- Analysis and understanding of information flows and data transformation.
- Apply your technical expertise in data-mining and troubleshooting to derive actionable insights for process and product improvements.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers and business stakeholders to deliver solutions.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to learn and apply best practices and always strive for high quality deliverables.
- Think and work independently, demonstrate creativity to help deliver quick and actionable results.
- Ability to work with large datasets and business intelligence tools (Big Data query tools a plus).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Gather and report findings to product stakeholders.
- Report metrics for recommended solutions to decision makers, justifying ROI.
• 5-10 years of experience working with databases,
• Good understanding of PCI scope and security concerns related to online payments and personally identifiable information.
• Good understanding of online wallets (Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, Visa Checkout, Masterpass) and credit card purchase workflows.
• Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
• Strong understanding of Agile software development life cycle.
• Experience working with Jira and Confluence.
• Provide expertise on reliability and performance challenges that you've conquered in the past.
• Thrive in a rapid development environment with an intense focus on quality.
• Be a strong team player and work well within a diverse, cross-functional team.
•Experience with MS SQL, Redshift, Oracle, Cassandra and DynamoDB.
• Experience working with SQL, ASP.NET, C#, Node.js, Java, Query tools such as Spark.
• Self-motivated and keeping up-to-date constantly with the latest technologies.
• Always provide positive solutions to the problem.
• Feel strong ownership of the tasks, user stories and projects that are assigned with “I want to see it is working in production” attitude.
• Passionate about producing scalable software solutions and providing excellent customer service.