Fandango-Data Scientist at Fandango
Fandango is seeking a driven, analytically curious and entrepreneurial data scientist to be part of our exciting Business Intelligence (BI) team. This person, as part of BI, will help executives understand business to business (B2B) and direct to consumer (D2C) behavior through analyzing and modeling transactions, web browsing data, ad inventory as well as retail data available from centralized and de-centralized repositories. Specifically, the data scientist will work on building/enhancing cutting edge and scalable models of recommender systems, customer scoring models, NLP models for text as well as deploy traditional machine learning models for Forecasting across all lines of businesses. In this highly visible role the DS will collaborate with Marketing Analytics, Product/Web Analytics as well as Finance to deliver value across the organization.
- Scoping: Partner with other scientists and Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to fully define business problems and research questions;
- Data Engineering: Identify, extract and clean data to be loaded into modeling environments. Data could be structured, unstructured and/or text data (includes transactional, web data, social data, emails, and streaming data
- Feature Engineering: Identify relevant features, remove redundancies and construct a tighter ‘data frame’ representation for efficient modeling/analysis
- Modeling: Conduct advanced analytics leveraging predictive modeling, machine learning, simulation, optimization and other techniques to deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve business requirements.
- Model Validation/Parameter-Tuning/Debugging: Support on efforts to develop scalable, efficient, automated solutions for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation using appropriate metrics. Cognizant of the bias-variance trade-off.
- Presentation of business Value: Identify, quantify and highlight the opportunities and risks that arise out of the modeling step to team members and executives.
- Ad-hoc analytics and reporting: Develop mathematically sound calculations with embedded business logic for quick-turnaround projects (did we mention this is a fast-paced environment). Multi-task when required and prioritize appropriately.
- Ownership and team-spirit: Own the projects from data gathering to delivery and assist other teams(technical and non-technical) when required through education
• Minimum 2 years of academic and/or work experience in Data Science, Predictive, and Advanced Analytics
Graduate degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, etc.)
• Strong machine learning and statistical modeling expertise, such as regression, time series models, random forests, clustering, neural networks
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience extracting and analyzing large datasets
Proficiency in one or multiple statistical/machine learning languages (R, Python, SAS, Matlab, Stata, etc.) • Experience with BI reporting tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, BusinessObjects etc.)
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed including weekends and holidays to meet business needs