Fandango- Architect, Data Engineering
Fandango is looking for a Data Engineering Architect. As an architect working on our data systems and services, you will work with the Data Engineering team to deliver projects and systems critical to Fandango’s business. We expect our architects to be deeply technical, highly collaborative, versatile, and enthusiastic about taking on new problems across our businesses as we continue to build great experiences for fellow movie fans.
In this role you will:
- Be a key contributor to the planning and implementation of data platform initiatives.
- Collaborate with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs.
- Work across the entire product life cycle; concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, and support.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to data engineers. This will require hands-on work developing prototypes, contributing code, and evaluating technologies.
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices.
- Be a force multiplier for the data engineering team, helping them to make good decisions, avoid (or at least learn from) bad ones and confidently make difficult trade-offs.
- Stay current on the latest data engineering technologies and industry trends. Evangelize best practices within the engineering organization.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 8+ years of proven professional experience as a data engineer and/or data architect
• Proven experience acting as a technical lead with ability to mentor and lead data engineers
• Extensive experience in Data Warehousing (Relational and dimensional data modeling)
• Experience with distributed data storage and large-data processing (Spark, EMR, Hadoop, Hive)
• Experience with AWS data management (S3, Redshift, DynamoDB) and related tools (Athena, EMR, Glue)
• Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
• Experience with Talend, Informatica, or other off-the-shelf ETL tools
• Strong organizational and mentoring skills with experience in leading large projects
• Proven track record of translating technical objectives into engineering reality
• Experience dealing with competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience designing and building data warehousing platforms
● Passionate about big data concepts: data lakes, data mining, data streaming, data warehousing
● Excited to learn from, teach, mentor and grow the rest of the software engineering team
● Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other engineers succeed
● Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies
● Open to new approaches and new ideas
● Can take initiative to independently solve issues