At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Experienced Database Software Engineer - El Segundo, CA
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an experienced Database Software Engineer to primarily work in El Segundo, CA and also support Seal Beach, CA. We’re seeking a highly talented, motivated, and creative software developer and database expert to engineer new solutions and support existing database software applications for both the commercial and the national intelligence communities.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Modify existing databases for any site programs to address new capabilities or needs.
- Develop and sustain existing database applications; as well as troubleshoot and resolve various software issues.
- Meet all program milestones for formal and informal database deliveries.
- Support software development tasks including detailed software design, coding, and unit/integration testing of customer desired features/user stories for new database applications.
- Contribute to the creation of new distributed components and interactions that align with the future system architecture.
- Responds to requests from program leadership in support of internal and external customers.
Required Qualifications/Experience and Education:
This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications Required:
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
- Solid background in Java programming
- Experience with configuration management tools such as ClearCase, Synergy, CVS, Subversion, or Git
- Must have knowledge of object-oriented design
- 3+ years' experience working on databases such as MySQL, Sybase
- Must possess bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer engineering or related technical discipline with 5 or more years related experience
- SCI eligibility
- Strong understanding of database design
- Knowledge of System Engineering practices
- Experienced with scripting languages (e.g. bash, ksh, csh, perl)
- Experienced with C++, Python, Tcl programming languages
- Experience with the Agile development process
- Experience with the Atlassian tool suite
- Experience with DevSecOps
- Experience with docker, containerization, and/or kubernetes
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Drug Free Work Place
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.