Director of Laboratory and R&D at Quantgene
PROTECT MORE LIVES WITH US!
Be at the forefront of technology and medicine at Quantgene
Today, regular routine cancer screening is not widely available. Therefore, most cancers are diagnosed at later stages- when they have already started to spread in the body and when chances of survival are far lower.
We believe patients deserve better.
At Quantgene, our goal is to save lives by enabling the detection and treatment of cancer as early as possible. That’s why we are determined to bring the power of advanced data science and deep sequencing to the world of medicine.
We are pushing the frontier of medicine by bringing together the best minds in quantitative analytics, bioinformatics, next-generation sequencing, laboratory operations, and clinical evidence generation. Decades of experience in each field have taught us that no single area can move us into the future on its own.
We're making a difference and carefully building a team that shares our priorities, values, respect, and empathy for our customers, and building honest products that play a fundamental role in improving lives.
*Must be willing to travel 1-2 days per week to our Lab in Irvine.
We are looking for a superstar Director of Lab and R&D for a quickly growing biotech company at the forefront of early cancer detection. In this position, you will work closely with our commercialization team to continue innovating our assays, make and test product samples and develop new and innovative products. You will be at the forefront of the new medical revolution - bioinformatics.
You should be an expert in NGS, chemistry, and assay development - in addition to someone who thinks outside the box, and is excited about innovating and constant process improvement.
- Oversee lab operations, sequencing, and assay development on a day to day basis
- Help to strategically develop and improve our assays, IP, and continue to expand and extend our patent portfolio
- Be present in our Irvine Lab at least 1-2 days every week
- Take the lead on chemical, NGS, and assay development
- Work with data team to understand the importance of sequencing depth in developing deep data sets - determine how to improve assay to develop deeper data sets
- Manage and keep a record of all research, product testing, assay development, and findings
- Clearly articulate and record all findings/process improvements and make suggestions for optimal products
- BA/BS degree or higher
- 5+ Years relevant work experience
- Ability to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency
- Understand and abide by the highest regulatory standards
- Experience in Preparing and reviewing protocols and reports for validation or verification activities
- Knowledge of quality, GMP, ISO 9000, FDA and OSHA regulations
- Skilled writing and training for all Lab SOPs
- Deep knowledge base of chemical processes and NGS assay development
- As part of the hiring process, we’d like to request that every candidate complete an assignment related to their specific discipline. This will help to ensure that we are a good match for each other.
- Specific assignments will be provided at the appropriate time in the hiring process.
Location, Perks, Compensation, and Timeline
Compensation is competitive, including substantial stock options that move the needle. We offer unlimited vacation, 401k matching, and medical/dental insurance. We are in the Arts & Tech district in Santa Monica, CA in modern, bright, and spacious converted industrial barn with a full kitchen…all within walking distance to the Metro. Some work-from-home and flex days are available.
Must live in the Los Angeles area and be willing to commute to our office. Relocation is possible for the right person. We are hiring immediately.
We are small, agile, and highly effective. We have a team of 30 and are growing fast.
Quantgene values entrepreneurial thinkers who love to devise new ideas and drive them to fruition. Your voice will be heard here and welcome. Our office is a fun, collaborative environment with smart people who are passionate about wellness, changing healthcare, and saving lives through early cancer detection. It’s fun, challenging, and ultimately meaningful work that makes a genuine difference.
Job Type: Full Time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Quantgene is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.