Director of Engineering, Data Warehouse at PatientPop
Director of Engineering, Data Warehouse Santa Monica, CA
PatientPop is a healthcare technology company that helps practices thrive with an all in one practice growth solution. Our platform empowers practices to promote themselves online, attract patients, and retain them for life. We improve every digital touchpoint along the patient journey, so patients can easily find and choose a practice, and become their advocate. We also improve every aspect of a practice’s online presence to help them attract the right patients to their services, and keep them coming back.
We've helped thousands of providers since our founding in 2014. Along the way, we cultivated an incredible work environment — one of the best, according to Great Place to Work
What you will work on here at Patient Pop:
- Direct and mentor teams as the lead architect and technical domain owner to design the data ingestion platform for all third party data
- Lead a team building a data warehouse to be used by multiple departments and also the customer analytics platform
- Member of the core group of engineering leaders throughout the organization
Skills that will help you be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 7+ years of experience in technical management
- 4+ years of experience managing other technical managers
- Technical roadmap evangelization and management
- Architecture visionary and best practice steward with the ability to command the room
- Experience with event-driven technologies (kafka, kinesis, SQS, ActiveMQ) within job-based workflows
- Experience with data model design such as star schema vs snowflake schema and surrogate key design decisions
- Experience with large data warehouses (Oracle, Postgres, Redshift) and analytics cubes
- Leader of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile processes
- Team-oriented and collaborative, capacity to mentor team members of all levels
- Leadership ability, excellent written and verbal English skills.
Our tech stack:
- Language: Python 3
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Framework: Flask
- Database: Postgres, Elasticsearch, Dynamo
- Events: Kinesis, SQS, SNS
- Service: ECS, Lambda
- You are able to hire, build, and develop high performing engineering teams
- You are able to quickly make low-level decisions while being patient and methodical with high-level ones.
- You can command the room amongst the smartest and diverse set of individuals
- You’re curious, love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills along with the ability to switch between technology paradigms.
- You love working with some of the best world-class engineers, product managers, and architects.
- You strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- You are able to work well with other leaders in the company sometimes taking charge and sometimes following their lead
- Opportunities to host PatientPop talks
- Weekly catered lunches
- 100% fully-paid health, dental and vision options
- Stock options
- 401 (k)
- 2 Blocks from the beach and next to the promenade
- And many more perks!
If this role isn’t for you, feel free to send this link to a friend or check out our other roles.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.