Director of Data Science at GoodRx
- Lead a team responsible for building, scaling and deploying statistical and machine learning models
- Establish a vision and roadmap for data science function to strategically change the economics of our business
- Coach and mentor capable data scientists and continuously drive them to achieve higher level of excellence
- Be able to distill complex models and analysis into compelling insights for our stakeholders and executives
- Be a key driver in bringing innovative ideas to the table that are backed by robust analysis, models and insights
- Be a hands-on leader and contribute in building and productionizing data science models and algorithms for data intelligence platforms, business analytics and consumer facing applications.
- Prior academic and application experience with diverse classes of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms such as factorization machines (FM), deep learning/CNN, neural networks, linear and nonlinear optimization, probabilistic graphical models, Bayesian personalized ranking, Bayesian Inference, Regression, Classification, Time Series Modeling, Forecasting and Clustering etc.
- Lead applied research and build state-of-art data science solutions for complex customer centric business problems
- Develop core intellectual properties for the company around consumer value delivery across US healthcare ecosystem
- Develop new tools and solutions to enable stakeholders to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Stay up-to-date with data science tools and methodologies in technology and financial domain
- Partner with cross-functional teams and translate business problems into technical requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research, or related fields
- 8+ years of work experience in analytics and data science domain focusing on business problems
- 5+ years of work experience using statistical and data mining techniques
- 5+ years of experience deploying statistical and machine learning models in high volume production environments, preferably with consumer facing applications
- 3+ years of experience in integrating data science models into applications
- 3+ years of experience with recruiting, mentoring and developing high performing data science and analytics teams with diverse academic and professional backgrounds
- Management of data intelligence application development, data infrastructure, and advanced analytics experience is desired
- Agile development experience is desired
- Demonstration of prior experience with intellectual property development and protection, and/or publications in peer reviewed top tier journals, and/or algorithmic/development contribution to open source projects would be a plus.