At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role
GoodRx is looking for an experienced leader to enable and accelerate our data science and machine learning efforts. The Director, Data Science will lead a diverse team of talented data scientists, predictive modelers and analysts to help maximize the value of GoodRx’s platform for both customers and stakeholders by providing actionable forward looking intelligence and recommendations. In this role, you will provide thought leadership, create intellectual properties by developing key machine learning and data science capabilities unlocking enterprise value from the unique data assets of GoodRx. The types of problems you will solve sit at the intersection of recommender systems, direct response, marketing mix, consumer choice, revenue and price optimization, and retention science. You will be a key partner with Data Engineering, Data Architects, Performance Marketing, Product Management, and Finance teams to build actionable and scalable data intelligence services for various use cases. The Ideal candidate should possess a unique combination of leadership skills, team building experience, and practical, hands-on data science & machine learning and building consumer facing data services and products at scale.
- Lead a team responsible for building, scaling and deploying statistical and machine learning models
- Establish a vision and roadmap for data science function to strategically change the economics of our business
- Coach and mentor capable data scientists and continuously drive them to achieve higher level of excellence
- Be able to distill complex models and analysis into compelling insights for our stakeholders and executives
- Be a key driver in bringing innovative ideas to the table that are backed by robust analysis, models and insights
- Be a hands-on leader and contribute in building and productionizing data science models and algorithms for data intelligence platforms, business analytics and consumer facing applications.
- Prior academic and application experience with diverse classes of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms such as factorization machines (FM), deep learning/CNN, neural networks, linear and nonlinear optimization, probabilistic graphical models, Bayesian personalized ranking, Bayesian Inference, Regression, Classification, Time Series Modeling, Forecasting and Clustering etc.
- Lead applied research and build state-of-art data science solutions for complex customer centric business problems
- Develop core intellectual properties for the company around consumer value delivery across US healthcare ecosystem
- Develop new tools and solutions to enable stakeholders to consume and understand data more intuitively
- Stay up-to-date with data science tools and methodologies in technology and financial domain
- Partner with cross-functional teams and translate business problems into technical requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research, or related fields
- 8+ years of work experience in analytics and data science domain focusing on business problems
- 5+ years of work experience using statistical and data mining techniques
- 5+ years of experience deploying statistical and machine learning models in high volume production environments, preferably with consumer facing applications
- 3+ years of experience in integrating data science models into applications
- 3+ years of experience with recruiting, mentoring and developing high performing data science and analytics teams with diverse academic and professional backgrounds
- Management of data intelligence application development, data infrastructure, and advanced analytics experience is desired
- Agile development experience is desired
- Demonstration of prior experience with intellectual property development and protection, and/or publications in peer reviewed top tier journals, and/or algorithmic/development contribution to open source projects would be a plus.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description