Deep Learning / Computer Vision Lead Engineer - Stealth Computer Vision Industrial Safety Venture
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This new Computer Vision Industrial Safety company is a joint venture backed by a global industrial goods conglomerate and BCG Digital Ventures, the Boston Consulting Group’s corporate venture and incubation arm. They are looking for a Deep Learning/Computer Vision Lead Engineer who is passionate about building user experiences and product user interfaces to help drive the rapid growth of a new digital enterprise business.
The venture is launching a computer vision-based platform that tackles the most significant causes of unsafe behavior in industrial manufacturing settings, utilizing cameras and other sensors to sense, detect, predict and prevent unsafe behavior and accidents before they occur in manufacturing plants. Our mission is to create the world’s first technology solution for proactive safety in industrial goods.
In this role you will:
- Help build and lead a team of experienced research scientists and engineers to research, design, implement and evaluate Dl/CV models for safety applications
- Help architect and end to end DL/CV system that operates at global scale. 2+ years of prior experience developing DL/CV systems at scale highly preferred
- Work closely with back/front end and engineering teams to drive scalable, production-ready implementations
- Collaborate with teams across the company and serve as an internal expert on technical issues
- Document technical work as part of the product development process
- Support patent application publishing process
- Contribute to our evolving cloud infrastructure, data engineering pipeline, and analysis stack
- Contribute to our data strategy design and implementation
- Identify technical challenges, define requirements and prioritize efforts
- Assist with defining requirements and architectures for next-generation computer vision/ machine learning products
- Contribute to scientific software engineering efforts, utilizing professional coding standards and participating in reviewing PRs
- Contribute data enrichment and data monetization process
- PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Computational Physics OR related master's degree and +2 years relevant work experience
- Previous experience in DL/CV products is required
- Experience with sensor-fusion highly desirable
- An understanding of SLAM/Location technologies helpful
- An understanding of cloud based vs. edge compute-based AI-architectures helpful
- Machine Learning Experience: classification, regression, clustering; Demonstrated ability to apply deep learning and convolutional neural network approaches for machine learning problems
- Algorithms: Fundamental data types (stacks, queues, etc.); Sorting algorithms (quicksort, mergesort, etc.); Dynamic programming
- Strong communication skills to work with stakeholders, team members and other engineering team colleagues
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Python and capability in writing production level code. Experience in using Tensorflow or Pytorch or Caffe or Keras are needed
- Familiarity with collaborative software engineering practices, including version control (Git), code reviews, JIRA, Confluence
- Familiarity with cloud computing and developing cloud-based APIs
- Ability to architect and implement computer vision solutions with specific skills mentioned in rows above; Strong foundation in machine learning, mathematics, statistics, with demonstrated professional or academic experience
- Ability and Willingness to travel up to ~10% of time
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.