Database Administrator, Data Services
We are looking for a Database Administrator, Data Services to join a tribe of highly skilled engineers on our Data Services team. You’ll partner with our SRE, Data Services, Dev Tools, and Security group to support over 2,300 cloud-based systems that power Procore.
As a DBA, you’ll conduct a range of database management work including data refresh, disaster recovery, performance monitoring, self-healing & alerting, and data reporting. You’ll be directly responsible for data security, integrity, and uptime. A successful candidate is extremely customer-centric and always acts on the best interest of our internal and external customer base. You ‘geek-out’ on all things technology and your home lab is possibly better than most corporate labs.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
Procore’s tech stack consists of: Ruby on Rails, Apache, Nginx, PostgreSQL, AWS
What you’ll do:
- Manage multiple DBA projects and tasks including on-call participation, planning and change management, detailed runbooks, and documentation
- Effectively prioritize and organize tasks and make business-driven decisions under pressure
- Efficiently execute daily operational tasks including administration, monitoring, triage, query improvements, ad-hoc walk-ups, and project milestones
- Provide databases production support including incident triage and root cause analysis
- Assist in designing, building, troubleshooting databases, digging deep into the root of an issue
- Provide configuration and maintenance support for production and development database environments
- Assist Application Developers with SQL query creation, optimization, tuning, and related database functions
- Generate and maintain scripts to automate common operational and maintenance tasks
- Identify database performance trends and opportunities, and deploy proactive corrective measure to minimize downtime
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 5 + years in Database Engineering/Administration or production infrastructure and operations background
- Experience working quickly, efficiently, and with keen attention to detail at a fast-paced company where services are available 24/7/365
- Possess a strong understanding that automation is king, and proactively push boundaries in areas like self-healing conditions and alerts
- Experience with PostgreSQL is desired
- Experience with ETL, data warehouse, and partition experience is desired
- Strong technical hands-on experience in delivering projects
- Possess a natural wonder for technology including AWS and docker and automation apps like Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Experience using the following tools is desirable:
- AWS RDS and orchestration tools
- Linux experience related to large Databases, ie; THP experience
- Hashicorp Technologies (Consul, Terraform, Vault, Packer)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Config Management (Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.