· Work with business owners and data architects to formulate hypothesis and discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products and customer experience.
· Apply data mining and/or machine learning techniques, doing statistical analysis, and build high quality robust forecasting, prediction and recommendation systems integrated with our products.
· Gather data insights related to user behavior, product usage, audience segmentation, social media, marketing response, quality of services, and media consumption to drive business decisions.
· Select features, build and optimize classifiers, recommendation systems, predictive scoring models and forecasting systems using machine learning techniques, data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
· Extend/augment company’s data with third party public/proprietary data sources of information when needed.
· Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
· Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis. Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
· Perform ad-hoc analysis and presenting results and make recommendations in a clear manner to technical and nontechnical audience.
· Work with product management and internal stakeholders to help dictate the requirements and technical design of Fandango data services and related intelligence tools
· Other duties as assigned
· Master’s Degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, Statistics, Operations Research) and minimum 3 years of hands on experience in the data science, machine learning, predictive modeling, data mining or PhD (with no additional exp required)
· Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms (at least 4 of the following): k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Clustering, Regression (OLS, Logistic, MNL), Decision Forests, Linear and Nonlinear Optimization
· Data oriented personality, good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, probability theory, etc.
· Familiarity with at least one development language (Python, Scala, Java, C#).
· Experience with BI reporting tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, SSRS, etc.).
· Experience with distributed data architectures and their eco-systems (Hadoop/EMR, Hive, Pig, Spark, etc.).
· Deep expertise in SQL and some experience with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase
· Proven track record working on distributed, scalable, service-oriented platforms. Good scripting and programming skills, proven ability to deliver high quality, production ready code.
· Expert understanding of the agile software development life cycle.
· Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Redshift in an enterprise environment.
· Strong customer service and communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively interact with a diverse team of people across business and engineering.
· Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at the company’s sole discretion.
· Must be available and willing to work extended hours (during crunch times!) per day including occasional weekends and holidays.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through https://www.fandango.com/careers to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
· Willingness to dig into technical concepts/details related to the data platform.
· Proactive to improving reporting, analysis, and BI development processes.
· AWS certifications
· Naturally inquisitive and self-learner
· A team player
· Stay on top of the latest innovations in data and BI technologies