Data Scientist at AvantStay
What you'll do...
- Gather and analyze data to solve and address highly complex business problems.
- Evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and provide prescriptive solutions that support decision making.
- Explore and understand data and build advanced analytical models, then present and discuss the resulting models to any level of audience.
- Design and drive the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, big data and optimization tools.
- Identify and direct special studies and analyses for unique business problems and scenarios.
- Proactively identify algorithms or products with high intellectual property content, assist in the evaluation of their potential for patents, where appropriate assist in the patent applications, and contribute to the intellectual property protection.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field. An M.S. or Ph.D. a plus.
- Must have at least 3+ years of actual working experience performing advanced quantitative analyses.
- Advanced hands-on working knowledge of Python/SQL required.
- Working knowledge of SAS/R is preferred.
- Working knowledge of big data manipulation is plus.
- Expertise in advanced statistical methodologies such as mixed model (random and fixed effects), simultaneous equations, ARIMA, neural networks, and multinomial discrete choice.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as cluster analytics, sampling theory and design of experiments, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and factor analysis.
- Experience using advanced optimization methodologies such as linear and mixed integer optimization as wel as simulation modeling methodologies and techniques.
- Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate programming in 3rd and 4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages (word-processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.).
- Must have relational database experience.
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Salary: $80,000-$100,000
- Stock option plan
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Dog-friendly office