Join us in our mission to provide students with a safe and stimulating learning environment! At GoGuardian, we pride ourselves on bringing the very best talent to empower millions of student lives in the most impactful way. You’ll be working with talented and motivated people in a team- and people-oriented culture.
For our El Segundo corporate office, we are hiring a motivated Data Scientist to help us solve challenging problems and reshape the student learning experience. This means being part of a team that will enable GoGuardian to deliver crucial insights to students, teachers, counselors, and parents about a student’s educational journey. This is a hands-on opportunity that requires applying a broad set of skills to build a variety of data products.
You’ll join a highly technical and innovative data science team that takes product ideas and transforms them into production systems serving millions of users. You’ll also be helping us to optimize company performance by building business intelligence tools to serve internal customers. Finally, you’ll also be tasked with helping us promote a data-driven and scientific culture throughout the company.
Here is what you’ll help us with:
- Collaborating across teams to develop data products driven by business needs
- Extracting and transforming data in a reliable, repeatable manner
- Empirical exploration striving to identify and isolate signal from noise
- Building machine learning models and deploying them as production services at scale
- Building tooling to support such efforts such as unit testing, automated deployment testing, model performance tracking, etc.
- Communicating methods and findings in written reports, presentations, and dashboards
- Building the best data science team in LA (as a start...)
- Finding new and innovative ways to incorporate Seinfield references into your work.
Absolute Must Haves Before Applying:
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field (math, statistics, engineering, science, etc.)
- 1 or more years prior experience as a data scientist and a record of delivering data science products to production
- An outstanding ability to communicate complex findings in a clear and simple manner with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills in either R or Python
- Proven self-learner with either the drive or talent to learn very quickly
- Experience using AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Plenty of experience with traditional statistics and ML approaches
- Experience extracting data from a variety of sources in a variety of formats
- Knowledge of best practices in coding/scientific projects
Bonus Points if you also bring the following:
- A PhD in a quantitative field
- Experience using Docker
- NLP experience
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals demonstrating excellence in experimental design and data analysis
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns, or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.